Roethlisberger in motorcycle accident

But ben told cowher that he always rides in groups, because it's safer. He lied to his coach...Even if it was the woman's fault, there is no reason on this planet to be riding the fastest bike made without a helmet. Period. If you ride a harley it's fine, you're probably not being reckless, but when you're riding the fastest f**king bike they make, you have to wear the helmet. The law needs changed and it probably will now.

Now he'll wear the helmet to hide all the scars and bruises...

The thing with contracts is in baseball these risky activites are outlawed IN THE CONTRACT. Those contracts are guaranteed. In NFL, they're not guaranteed so players have a lot more leeway in what can and can't be in the contract and declared "risky". That's why he had to lie to his coach and sell that he rides safe, so it wasn't enforced. He probably just ruined it for EVERY guy who rides a bike in the NFL. Winslow could be dismissed as a once-in-a-blue-moon thing, but now two in two years that could have ended much worse, and bikes are going to be totally frowned upon in the NFL now...

BTW, The Steelers drafted a QB from Bowling Green (ohio) in the draft. It was a weird pick at the time because it made you (or at least me) wonder what they knew about ben's injuries that they'd be drafting a QB instead of signing any dirt cheap 3rd string backup. Those hand injuries, plus this accident, and suddenly that QB they drafted is looking like a great decision. Good QB too, better than ben to be honest, though i'm not a big fan of ben's ability...

Purogamer said:
But ben told cowher that he always rides in groups, because it's safer. He lied to his coach...Even if it was the woman's fault, there is no reason on this planet to be riding the fastest bike made without a helmet. Period. If you ride a harley it's fine, you're probably not being reckless, but when you're riding the fastest f**king bike they make, you have to wear the helmet. The law needs changed and it probably will now.

Now he'll wear the helmet to hide all the scars and bruises...

The thing with contracts is in baseball these risky activites are outlawed IN THE CONTRACT. Those contracts are guaranteed. In NFL, they're not guaranteed so players have a lot more leeway in what can and can't be in the contract and declared "risky". That's why he had to lie to his coach and sell that he rides safe, so it wasn't enforced. He probably just ruined it for EVERY guy who rides a bike in the NFL. Winslow could be dismissed as a once-in-a-blue-moon thing, but now two in two years that could have ended much worse, and bikes are going to be totally frowned upon in the NFL now.

BTW, The Steelers drafted a QB from Bowling Green (ohio) in the draft. It was a weird pick at the time because it made you (or at least me) wonder what they knew about ben's injuries that they'd be drafting a QB instead of signing any dirt cheap 3rd string backup. Those hand injuries, plus this accident, and suddenly that QB they drafted is looking like a great decision. Good QB too, better than ben to be honest, though i'm not a big fan of ben's ability...

Maybe he should wear his Steelers helmet ............

As for the QB drafted,
Omar Jacobs

Ben was alot better than Omar is at the same time in ther cereers, I've had the chance to watch both QB's play, Omar should have come back for his senior season, he would have possibly been a 2-3 round pick, I don't remember where he was picked this year....

I think he decided to leave mainly because his top receivers and RB were all seniors, so he figured he would not have any top quality to work with.
We'll see, the QB taking his place at BG is pretty damn good too....

Personally I thought over all that the Toledo Rockets QB, Bruce Gradkowski was better than Omar.
Bruce is with Tamba Bay this year.

Jimbo

vurbano said:
:rolleyes: , They pulled the cameras off of the car immediately after the crash and showed nothing. Even DW stopped talking about it and concentrated on his brother winning the race. I think everyone knew he was dead and they did NOT want that on TV.

I am not disagreeing with what you are saying, I am just pointing out the fact that Dale's accident was covered up in the media for a couple hours. I watched the television and internet for at least 2 hours after Dale's accident for any kind of news. Every report said he was in serious but stable condition, and I knew it was BS. Just telling you what the media reported.

Therefore, I think it is possible that the media is not giving us all of the details regarding Ben. It is still possible that he is injured much worse than they are telling us.

Jimbos said:
=========================================================

You seem to think that he was just bumming around ...
The place where the accident occuered is not that far from where the Steelers train, it's possible that he may have been headed there, not out lolligagging ...

Jimbo

FWIW one report said that he was en route from one radio interview to another. I am not sure that counts as lollygagging.

Shouldnt rothelisidiot face some charges here? He had NO motorcycle license!!! Only an expired learners permit, 3 months expired!!!

But it happened IN pittsburgh, to pittsburgh's golden son. It's like saying Michael Jordan would get a ticket in chicago...

He was doing radio interviews, but I thought you did those on a phone, not by going from station to station, especially when the interviews were on national radio. Hmm...

Why does everything have to be a coverup? Maybe they reported dale was in serious condition because that's what they were told. Maybe they weren't lying to us, maybe they were reporting what NASCAR was telling them. Him dying is a major story and any station would love to have that scoop first, they wouldn't all cover it up...

Purogamer said:
Why does everything have to be a coverup? Maybe they reported dale was in serious condition because that's what they were told. Maybe they weren't lying to us, maybe they were reporting what NASCAR was telling them. Him dying is a major story and any station would love to have that scoop first, they wouldn't all cover it up...

I'm losing my mind trying to explain my point about this, nobody wants to pay attention to what I am getting at. I do not think the MEDIA intentionally covered up Dale's death, obviously the media was not given the information. The hospital/paramedics and Nascar did , however, cover up Dales's death for some time, so that his family could be notified.

All that I have been trying to suggest is that it is at least slightly possible that Ben is in worse condition than we are being told, and I simply used the Earnhardt accident as an example to back up what I have been saying. Maybe we have been told the complete truth about ben's condition, maybe we haven't, that is all I am trying to say. Again, I do not think there is/was a media coverup. However, it is a fact that Hospitals and families often do not release all the information regarding the conditions of patients in order to protect privacy, this is not an off the wall belief, it happens all the time.

vurbano said:
Shouldnt rothelisidiot face some charges here? He had NO motorcycle license!!! Only an expired learners permit, 3 months expired!!!

If that is true he probably will face charges. But thst is an unconfirmed report from one media outlet. So we will see.

Since Ben was driving without a licence, or permit, does that give the driver of the car recourse to file a civil suit against him to recoup whatever damages he caused to her car?. Also, I'm sure, that eventhough she wasn't physically hurt, she's suffering some sort of mental anguish related to the accident.

No way in hell does ben let that old lady go to court, he pays her off and makes her go away.

He will be charged, the cops can't ignore the laws, but you'll never see a judge be more lenient than the one who's assigned to ben's case. Maybe some community service or probation.

When someone dies, and you don't tell everyone right away, it doesn't mean it's a cover-up. They had their reasons for lying and they were temporary. We're talking about a 2 hour cover-up for christ's sake. There was no way to know that dale died on impact right when it happened, so they couldn't say that. All they could do is speculate. You'll have to ask nascar why they lied, but it's not really a cover-up...

Suits can always be filed. If he indeed was operating without a license or permit that is a bad thing. But who was at fault in the accident would certainly be considered.

But a civil suit and any criminal charges (or administrative actions by the PA DMV or what ever it might be called) are separate actions.

As for the lack of charges or cutations at this time I suspect that is because the investigation is still ongoing. We will see what happens when it is complete. This is after all a high profile case so I suspect that they a re being particularly careful.

Last edited:
Purogamer said:
No way in hell does ben let that old lady go to court, he pays her off and makes her go away.

He will be charged, the cops can't ignore the laws, but you'll never see a judge be more lenient than the one who's assigned to ben's case. Maybe some community service or probation.

When someone dies, and you don't tell everyone right away, it doesn't mean it's a cover-up. They had their reasons for lying and they were temporary. We're talking about a 2 hour cover-up for christ's sake. There was no way to know that dale died on impact right when it happened, so they couldn't say that. All they could do is speculate. You'll have to ask nascar why they lied, but it's not really a cover-up...

You are presuming that Ben was at fault.
We do not know that to be true, as of yet.
I'm not saying one way or the other, but it IS possible that she turned into him, therefore making her responsible.
Lets not jump to conclusions that because it was a known proffesional that it was automatically his fault.

I've liked Ben since his days in HS but I am not blaming anyone until we see more info.

If it was his fault, he was in the wrong, if not, lets not convict him just yet.

On that note, it was stupid for him to be on the bike without a helmet,
regardless.

Jimbo

Jimbos said:
So far, neither person has been cited.

Jimbo
If it had been one of us we'd be lying in the hospital bed in handcuffs. Sued by the other party so that we lost our homes and an insurance agent would be cancelling all of our coverage. LOL

I suspect that within a week or two we will know a lot more about the incident and the reported lack ofa learner's permit or license. My guess is that they are delaying final action till the investigation is over. I really don't think that Ben is a serious flight risk here even without the hospitalization but with it I would not waste the handcuffs.

I suspect that much of what we have heard is true which leads me to believe that he foolishly drove without a license or a helmet and there may be consequences associated with both of those acts. But that does not mean that the accident was his fault.

Last edited:
vurbano said:
With no lisence, IMO, its his fault. ANyone without a license should get a big ole GUILTY with no consideration.

The accident and the no license, are TWO seperate issues, the accident happened regardless of whether they both had licences.
Keep in mind, he has a valid drivers license.....

BTW. I would feel the same way if it had been the driver of the car that had no license. (actually to make it a perallel situation, I would have to presume that she had a motercycle license, not a passenger car license)

Jimbo

Actually I assumed he was hit by the woman, as that's what all the steeler-fan witnesses are claiming. I'm not saying he'll pay her off to avoid a lawsuit, I meant he'll pay her off in terms of her car damage and to keep her from wanting to file a phony "whiplash" suit that those old people love to file. He'll make sure that woman stays in maine, and stays quiet.

Driving a car and driving a 200mph motorcycle are two completely different beasts, especially when you're so f**king ignorant that you don't take the driver's license test for it, don't wear a helmet when you're sitting on a glorified rocket, etc...

Plus he's 250 and 6'5", which is NOT the intended rider for a bike of that nature. I hope he scrambled his brains a bit because this kid needs an awakening. Honestly, he's lucky to still be alive and needs to realize that. Terry Bradshaw may just go to his house and smack him in the jaw this weekend...

Purogamer said:
Actually I assumed he was hit by the woman, as that's what all the steeler-fan witnesses are claiming. I'm not saying he'll pay her off to avoid a lawsuit, I meant he'll pay her off in terms of her car damage and to keep her from wanting to file a phony "whiplash" suit that those old people love to file. He'll make sure that woman stays in maine, and stays quiet.

Driving a car and driving a 200mph motorcycle are two completely different beasts, especially when you're so f**king ignorant that you don't take the driver's license test for it, don't wear a helmet when you're sitting on a glorified rocket, etc...

Plus he's 250 and 6'5", which is NOT the intended rider for a bike of that nature. I hope he scrambled his brains a bit because this kid needs an awakening. Honestly, he's lucky to still be alive and needs to realize that. Terry Bradshaw may just go to his house and smack him in the jaw this weekend...

I agree with you !!!

Bradshaw should go over to Ben's place and confiscate ALL of Ben's moterized vehicles, until Ben retires.

Not to make light of the situation, but ...
That would be funny !!!
Jimbo

Last edited:
I'm sure terry has turned down interview requests, because he would have to be irate and he can't do that about a steeler QB, he'll look like a traitor.

Charlie Batch is probaby at the suzuki dealership buying ben a replacement right now... :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)