Roger Goodell Will Cut Salary To $1 If Lockout!

HD MM

SatelliteGuys Master
Nov 2, 2006
Believeland, Ohio
NEW YORK — NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell will cut his salary to $1 if there is a work stoppage after the collective bargaining agreement expires in March.

Goodell, who makes about $10 million a year including bonuses, said in a memo to his staff Wednesday that chief negotiator Jeff Pash will do the same. Pash makes nearly $5 million a year.

So is Goodell trying to save face with the fans or is he truly genuine?

Roger Goodell Will Cut Salary To $1 If Lockout

I think this is a propaganda gimmick. his salary will go back to normal once a deal is reached and he will get all of his back
Pay. Roger knows his job is in jeopardy, if their is no NFL football this year. If the season does not happen it could hurt the NFL while giving a boost to the UFL.

Yeah he asked them to "DELAY" his bonuses, he didnt ask them to put the money to better use somewhere else. So with them delayed he gets his money when the lockout is complete.

Since then, others have done something similar.

Personally, I think they'll get something settled before the summer is over.

They have a lot of time before anything HAS to be settled as far as getting a season going goes.

I think this is a propaganda gimmick. his salary will go back to normal once a deal is reached and he will get all of his back
Pay. Roger knows his job is in jeopardy, if their is no NFL football this year. If the season does not happen it could hurt the NFL while giving a boost to the UFL.

I think that the CFL is the league that will profit if there is a lockout & no 2011 NFL season.

I just hope dtv does not cut jobs over this. They dont get there yearly payment back if there no football to put on sunday ticket . with out sunday ticket and big pay out I am worried about jobs. I have a bunch of hard working people who work under me.

I just hope dtv does not cut jobs over this. They dont get there yearly payment back if there no football to put on sunday ticket . with out sunday ticket and big pay out I am worried about jobs. I have a bunch of hard working people who work under me.

This will get resolved in time for the season to start, theres toooo much at stake.

This will get resolved in time for the season to start, theres toooo much at stake.

It may be true if the owners agree to the status que. If they want 18 games and a reduction in the salary cap then a lockout for 2011 will happen.

The interesting part of all this is the wild card (UFL and CFL). Will these league grab top NFL players since a lockout maybe deemed a breach of contract. Lockout is not a strike but the owners not allowing the players to play or even pay them during the lockout.

Last edited:
It may be true if the owners agree to the status que. If they want 18 games and a reduction in the salary cap then a lockout for 2011 will happen.

The interesting part of all this is the wild card (UFL and CFL). Will these league grab top NFL players since a lockout maybe deemed a breach of contract. Lockout is not a strike but the owners not allowing the players to play or even pay them during the lockout.

NFL players would STILL be under contract, the CFL or UFL might be able to get a few college guys to sign with them, but I doubt the TOP guys would even consider signing, knowing that the NFL would pay more in the long run.

He better get ready to cut it then, because it is not looking good.

The thing is, pending a new deal, the free-agency/trade period will be locked. Yeah, a deal might get done before the start of the season next year, but any lengthy hold-up of a new labor agreement will f* up the whole off-season.

The thing is, pending a new deal, the free-agency/trade period will be locked. Yeah, a deal might get done before the start of the season next year, but any lengthy hold-up of a new labor agreement will f* up the whole off-season.

I would not be surprised if they get partial season next year. IF an agreement is reached, it will have to be by no later than late June.

The CFL and UFL won't benefit from any lockout, if anything, most people will just get their football fix with the college games that seem to be played every night of the week. The main beneficiary of a lockout might be the American family who might actually get out and spend some quality time together since dad, mom, or the kids won't be attached to the couch yelling at the TV for nine hours on Sundays next year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)