Roku and new interface for older Roku

Blindowl1234

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 16, 2008
SouthWest Ohio
Spoke to someone at Roku this morning about the new interface for the older version of Roku...I was told May 20 which was later than most of what I read recently. Also I asked if I had a Roku 2 how to transfer the apps..especially the paid apps to the new Roku 3. Using the same account info things should work they said except..the original Angry Birds games which I have all of them..and Wheel of Fortune app which I don't have..They mentioned games not TV channels so I'm not sure if all those will be on the Roku 3 or not...sounds like I'll stay with my Roku 2XS and wait for the new interface in May

I was wondering when it was happening. I noticed a preview of it on my roku 2xd, but it just said soon.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Same here.... When I first read about this, it seemed to indicate it would be rolled out in a week or two and that was 1-2 months ago.

Seems stupid to me, if it's a sw update that you don't have a choice in then just release it. No need to drum up demand for months.

Ummm, I'll go out on a limb and say that maybe it's not ready yet...

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

very well may be the case, but why preview it so early then, just wait.

Spoke to someone at Roku this morning about the new interface for the older version of Roku...I was told May 20 which was later than most of what I read recently. Also I asked if I had a Roku 2 how to transfer the apps..especially the paid apps to the new Roku 3. Using the same account info things should work they said except..the original Angry Birds games which I have all of them..and Wheel of Fortune app which I don't have..They mentioned games not TV channels so I'm not sure if all those will be on the Roku 3 or not...sounds like I'll stay with my Roku 2XS and wait for the new interface in May

All channels means all channels if in the same account.Games, Netflix and the rest.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts