Roku decides to ruin pausing

A lot of assumptions and overreaction about a patent, not a plan or announcement.

If Roku didn't do it someone else would. Now unless they do it another way they have to license it from them.

If/when a product that does this ever is released, you can speak with your wallet.

A lot of assumptions and overreaction about a patent, not a plan or announcement.

If Roku didn't do it someone else would. Now unless they do it another way they have to license it from them.

If/when a product that does this ever is released, you can speak with your wallet.
Well, yes and no. I can stop buying Roku products, but what do I do about the Roku TV I already have that I use with an AppleTV 4K? This kind of Darth Vader "I am altering the deal..." changing of the terms and conditions, and changing the basic functionality of their products after purchase should be illegal.

It seems to me our only recourse is to overreact on the Internet ahead of time to get the attention of the company, to let them know it will be an unpopular move, and reconsider whether it is worth doing.

I like Roku. I want them to succeed, but this is not an acceptable way to do business IMHO.

Well, yes and no. I can stop buying Roku products, but what do I do about the Roku TV I already have that I use with an AppleTV 4K? This kind of Darth Vader "I am altering the deal..." changing of the terms and conditions, and changing the basic functionality of their products after purchase should be illegal.

It seems to me our only recourse is to overreact on the Internet ahead of time to get the attention of the company, to let them know it will be an unpopular move, and reconsider whether it is worth doing.

I like Roku. I want them to succeed, but this is not an acceptable way to do business IMHO.
All they did was file a patent..nothing has actually changed

All they did was file a patent..nothing has actually changed
And it was only for their brand of Televisions .

But I expect others will try it also, Vizio would be one, since it is being bought by Walmart, for the purpose of gaining more advertising $$$$.