Roku HD vs Roku HD-XR

Ghpr13

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jul 1, 2009
Louisville, KY
I like to know what others out there think about which Roku box is better in PQ. I know that the XR has a faster wireless speed and is 1080, but when streaming media from NetFlix or Amazon, is there enough 1080 media to make it worth the extra $20.00? Or is the HD box that does 720 good enough for what is being streamed? Also, wouldn't my Sammy 1080p LCD up-convert it anyway?
Thanks,
Ghpr13:)

I like to know what others out there think about which Roku box is better in PQ. I know that the XR has a faster wireless speed and is 1080, but when streaming media from NetFlix or Amazon, is there enough 1080 media to make it worth the extra $20.00? Or is the HD box that does 720 good enough for what is being streamed? Also, wouldn't my Sammy 1080p LCD up-convert it anyway?
Thanks,

Sorry, I posted in under the wrong thread, could someone move this to the proper thread, please. It was unintentional...I guess I'm starting to have more senior moments than I thought!:D

There's not an XR model anymore. The new models are the HD ($59.99), the XD ($79.99), and the XDS ($99.99). The XD adds 1080p video and 802.11n wireless to the HD model. The XDS adds dual-band wireless, component video, optical audio, and a USB port to the XD model.

With the XDS model, can you output HDMI video and Optical audio simultaneously? I couldn't find that specific answer on their website.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts