Roku may lose YouTubeTV access

Close, but still not perfect. If it was, I could load AppleTV+ app on my Shield. I haven't seen where anyone has gotten this to work.

Yeah, if the app provider blocks it sometimes you can find a workaround but it's tough. Netflix and Prime are two others that really crackdown on what devices their apps will work on.

What's odd is I just checked AppleTV app, and the only device I can install it on is the Chromecast. My Android TV and phones aren't allowed.

Close, but still not perfect. If it was, I could load AppleTV+ app on my Shield. I haven't seen where anyone has gotten this to work.
Then Google tv ? I haven't tried many sideloaded apps, but the few I have, have worked.

Space could be an issue of course. I do look for most Android TV units to be upgraded to Google TV sooner or later though. What that will actually mean for some of the apps like that remains to be seen.

As discussed in some other thread, Apple is pretty particular about what hardware it will allow its app to install on. Here is a link:
Apple TV app - Devices

Notice, for instance, only certain models and years of Sony and Samsung TV's will support it.

For now, I just use AppleTV 4k or Firestick to watch AppleTV+. Hopefully, Apple will eventually add support for the Shield and other AndroidTV devices as the new Google TV software rolls out. The Shield hardware should be up to running AppleTV+ given what else it runs on.

There should be a law that makes it illegal for confidential negotiations to be commented on by the negotiators. Either tell us what is actually happening or shut up.

Roku: Google hates your kids
Google: Roku kicks your dog when you aren't looking

Today I looked on my 2020 Roku Ultra and there is Youtube TV access built in my YouTube app.Problem solved? Maybe.
Has it updated yet? I too have a 2020 ultra and I don't have it. If you had it in your apps then I think you're alright. I think they said that if people had the app then they could use it. I didn't have the app uploaded.

There are plenty of sources to stream from. It's just inconvenient when changes are made.

Has it updated yet? I too have a 2020 ultra and I don't have it. If you had it in your apps then I think you're alright. I think they said that if people had the app then they could use it. I didn't have the app uploaded.
You don't have the YouTube app on your 2020 Roku Ultra?.I don't subscribe to YouTube TV,but I did have the YouTube app in my Home section and when I select the YouTube app,on the lower left of the tv screen at the bottom, it says YouTube TV sign in.
My 2020 Roku Ultra does not have a YouTube TV app.

Reactions: Howard Simmons
You don't have the YouTube app on your 2020 Roku Ultra?.I don't subscribe to YouTube TV,but I did have the YouTube app in my Home section and when I select the YouTube app,on the lower left of the tv screen at the bottom, it says YouTube TV sign in.
My 2020 Roku Ultra does not have a YouTube TV app.
I just checked and you were right. I never noticed the TV app on YouTube before. Before they had their own app.

Just bought the 85" QLED Roku TV, wife is going to have to get used to accessing YTTV thru the YT app.

Was thinking about getting the Sony BRAVIA XR X95J, but it has been delayed until at least July and I have need of a new TV now and my wife prefers the Roku anyways.

I have about $400 in credits from Gift Cards in my Google Account, if this is not resolved by the time the credits run out, I am going to try Hulu Live.

I rather not pay for Live TV at all, but must keep the wife happy.

The older we get the bigger the TV we need since our vision is declining.
Yep, have Bifocals since I hit 50 four years ago, I really hate them, used to them now, but still hate.

Speaking of needing bigger, have a projector in the outside theater on the back deck( screened in) with a 175" screen.

That must be some big bedsheet.:)
Nope a real fixed screen, Silver Ticket had all their outdoor screens on clearance a couple of months ago, got it for $299.
F3985A20-A0DA-491A-A23F-8FCB493CFAFA.jpeg

Reactions: Howard Simmons
Yep, have Bifocals since I hit 50 four years ago, I really hate them, used to them now, but still hate.

Speaking of needing bigger, have a projector in the outside theater on the back deck( screened in) with a 175" screen.
Too many mosquitos to watch outside. My neighbors fish pond doesn't help matters either.