Roku may lose YouTubeTV access

Too many mosquitos to watch outside. My neighbors fish pond doesn't help matters either.
Agreed, had to have my pool area re-screened with the strongest material available because my Labs kept jumping thru it going after lizards, so I had them screen in the back deck at the same time.

My eldest Lab ( only 2 years old) has already bounced off it twice, he has not tried it a third time, if they do break thru, next step is plexiglass.

Yep, have Bifocals since I hit 50 four years ago, I really hate them, used to them now, but still hate.

Speaking of needing bigger, have a projector in the outside theater on the back deck( screened in) with a 175" screen.
I was only 60 when I was home alone and misplaced my glasses (there were right out in the open) . A little panic for about 15 minutes.

At that time I decided on Lasik mono vision, one eye close the other eye far. It took longer to heal than someone younger but man am I so glad I did it. That was 4 years ago and I am so happy I don't know why I waited so long.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Reactions: ncted
Following up, I had to reset a Roku Flash. I thought I would lose YTTV. But after it reinstalled all the channels, YTTV still there. Maybe it's because it was still on my other Roku on this account.

Following up, I had to reset a Roku Flash. I thought I would lose YTTV. But after it reinstalled all the channels, YTTV still there. Maybe it's because it was still on my other Roku on this account.

When I bought a new TV ( TCL 85” 7 Series) a few months ago, I was worried we would have to watch YTTV thru the YT app, activated it and the regular YTTV app was there, since it was already on my account I assume.

My next TV is going to be a Sony Z9J with Google TV ( the TCL is going to the garage once the remodel is done on it), so accessing YTTV should not be a issue.

Reactions: CyberSpock
When I bought a new TV ( TCL 85” 7 Series) a few months ago, I was worried we would have to watch YTTV thru the YT app, activated it and the regular YTTV app was there, since it was already on my account I assume.

My next TV is going to be a Sony Z9J with Google TV ( the TCL is going to the garage once the remodel is done on it), so accessing YTTV should not be a issue.
Now it should not be an issue for several years. I checked the version on Roku and it had been updated on 12/7, a day before the reconciliation announcement.

Now it should not be an issue for several years. I checked the version on Roku and it had been updated on 12/7, a day before the reconciliation announcement.
My Ultra in the outdoor theater was updated, the TCL, not yet, checked this morning.

How time has changed since that post, bought the X95 instead of the Z9J, wife hated Google TV, demanded the TCL back into the Living Room and the Sony went into a newly created Game Room.

The Garage is now being turned into a Home Gym.

I don't even use Roku for watching Youtube stuff anymore. My Firestick 4k, and as of yesterday a 4k MAX is FAR superior to any Roku device, including the Ultra. It plays much better, and I don't get any stuttering at times, etc.

I have a friend who recently dumped Comcast cable for YouTube TV and I set her up with the little Onn Android TV 4K streaming box from Walmart. It's a very competent little streamer and unbelievably only costs $20! And it has surprisingly gotten several software updates since it came out earlier this year. Had some bugs to start but they've gotten those squashed. Just gained an HDR auto feature, so that it will switch between SDR and HDR automatically based on whatever video you're playing. When I tried it out earlier this year, it felt pretty snappy and I read that a new update just made navigating the Android TV home screen UI/menus even faster.

One reason I like it for YTTV viewers is that Android TV is from Google and the built-in Google Assistant voice interaction works well with YTTV. Also, the remote for the Onn device has a dedicated TV button which, when pressed, launches YTTV. (It'll launch on the home screen of that app or, if the app is already running, will just take you back to whichever live channel was running when you were last watching YTTV.) There's also a channel up/down button on the Onn remote for channel surfing. And there are four shortcut buttons at the bottom of the remote for quick-launching YouTube, Netflix, Disney+ and HBO Max.

It does support AC wifi with MIMO but no ethernet. Also, only the basic HDR10, not Dolby Vision or HDR10+. It supports Dolby audio but not Atmos. Runs all the major apps, including Apple TV.

It has pretty much the same internal hardware as the Google Chromecast with Google TV, which costs $50 (or $40 on sale right now). I've used both devices and definitely prefer the Onn remote control (which was actually designed by Google too). The home screen UI of Google TV vs. the Onn's regular Android TV isn't that much different, especially now that Android TV supports the Google TV universal watchlist feature.

Reactions: dishdude
I sometimes wonder what Dish's business model is. Drop just enough content before people get pissed off and hope they don't care?
Their Business Model ( and all of the other Traditional Providers) is get everything they can get now before they no longer have enough customers to keep them profitable with their Video Business.

Last edited:
Reactions: primestar31
Their Business Model ( and all of the other Traditional Providers) is get everything they can get now before they no longer have enough customers to keep them profitable with their Video Business.
DTV still has content to keep customers. Dish seems willing to drive customers away.

DTV still has content to keep customers. Dish seems willing to drive customers away.
They drove me away. Once YouTube TV got the agreement to skip commercials on their cloud DVR from all the networks, I was sold. It gave me everything Dish DVR gave me but was much faster with no equipment.

They drove me away. Once YouTube TV got the agreement to skip commercials on their cloud DVR from all the networks, I was sold. It gave me everything Dish DVR gave me but was much faster with no equipment.
I wish YTV has more live sports. Seems they dropped those last year.

I wish YTV has more live sports. Seems they dropped those last year.
I'm looking at YTTV add on packages now. They have NBA League pass and Sports Plus. Or, the way it is with online streaming, find another independent channel with sports you like.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)