SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 12, 2006
oak park michigan
I am thinking of buying
A TCL 4K 50” ROKU tv
They say u can stream
Tv apps Like Sling youtube
Netflix and others is CB it a good tv will I be able to watch sports in 4K?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am thinking of buying
A TCL 4K 50” ROKU tv
They say u can stream
Tv apps Like Sling youtube
Netflix and others is CB it a good tv will I be able to watch sports in 4K?

What model #

Friends don't let friends by smart tvs with the intent of using the smart features. You'd be better off with a standalone Roku box than anything integrated, you'll get more years out of the tv.
Roku TVs are actually quite good, but in only the higher model series which is now 6, 7, 8, basically are Roku Ultras built in.

But the new models this year are Google TVs, so might be last year’s models he is looking at.
Series 3 and 4 stay away, the 50” I believe was a 4 Series.

Roku TVs are actually quite good, but in only the higher model series which is now 6, 7, 8, basically are Roku Ultras built in.

But the new models this year are Google TVs, so might be last year’s models he is looking at.
Series 3 and 4 stay away, the 50” I believe was a 4 Series.

The Google TVs are a really good option too. I have a Sony and two Hisenses, all are great with their Google TV streaming capabilities.

Friends don't let friends by smart tvs with the intent of using the smart features. You'd be better off with a standalone Roku box than anything integrated, you'll get more years out of the tv.
I was going to ask about this. My new RV has a TCL with Roku. I will take my standalone Roku instead.

The Google TVs are a really good option too. I have a Sony and two Hisenses, all are great with their Google TV streaming capabilities.
My Sony Z9K started to have major issues with the sound via eArc into my Yamaha processor and the Google TV apps.

Sound was cutting in and out, my 4K Player and PS5 also, they were hooked into the other 4K inputs on the TV, also every time I tuned off the PS5 I would get a loud pop.

Now I had been using this processor with it for a year, only in the last couple of months of using it did I have the issues, so a bad software update is my guess.

So bought a Anthem 8K AVM 70 Processor, running everything into it, then out to the TV, no more eArc, back to using a Roku Ultra, no more issues.

I do watch SLING TV
I like there Sports and
Channels and Sling tv is on all the new tv’s being sold
So TCL TV’s should have
Sling

Reactions: ncted
I have 3 TCL Roku TV’s and 2 Hisense.Google TV’s. I have Roku Express Sticks 4K attached To all of them. The base UI in all of them was a little clunky, thus the sticks. They obviously are not top level TV’s but they do provide a great bang for the buck. It will depend on if you have 4K available from your provider whether or not you will be able watch it. Many providers charge for a 4K package and quite honestly there just isn’t a lot of 4K content out there that I want to watch.