Roku

Whats your idsue?
I have MLB Extra Innings with D* and should be able to get MLB.TV on my TV as well as my Roku ....
When I load the apps and log in, I choose a game and it tells me I can't watch that game ... on both devices.

After several hours on the phone with D* and MLB trying to fix it, I've been told the TV is too old and that my Roku is not compatible with MLB.TV.

I talked to MLB for awhile longer while she trys other things (this was my 2nd time talking to MLBTV) .
Eventually she said I'd have to call Roku, as it must be a roku issue (I could access everything from my desktop computer (yes, some people still have them).
I told her that its Not a roku issue as it worked on my computer and doesn't work on multiple TV options as of yet.

She agreed to make an escalation and they would call at noon on Sunday (they never did).
However, I took the roku and set it up this morning and tried again, low and behold, It WORKED !!!!

So they clearly figured Something out over night.

When I got home I checked the TV streaming on my Oled, and it ALSO worked.

So, when the first discussion happened, I was told wrong info twice ... My TV A8F was to old and wouldn't get it as well as my Roku was not a supported device ... btw, when I got to the roku, I looked up the model and it IS supported on thier website support page.

I have MLB Extra Innings with D* and should be able to get MLB.TV on my TV as well as my Roku ....
When I load the apps and log in, I choose a game and it tells me I can't watch that game ... on both devices.

After several hours on the phone with D* and MLB trying to fix it, I've been told the TV is too old and that my Roku is not compatible with MLB.TV.

I talked to MLB for awhile longer while she trys other things (this was my 2nd time talking to MLBTV) .
Eventually she said I'd have to call Roku, as it must be a roku issue (I could access everything from my desktop computer (yes, some people still have them).
I told her that its Not a roku issue as it worked on my computer and doesn't work on multiple TV options as of yet.

She agreed to make an escalation and they would call at noon on Sunday (they never did).
However, I took the roku and set it up this morning and tried again, low and behold, It WORKED !!!!

So, when the first discussion happened, I was told wrong info twice ... My TV A8F was to old and wouldn't get it as well as my Roku was not a supported device ... btw, when I got to the roku, I looked up the model and it IS supported on thier website support page.
I bet the ROKU is too old also..they do crap like that

I bet the ROKU is too old also..they do crap like that...or they sent you a software upgrade...ROKU and MLB extra innings have a very flakey relationship..I recommend a firetv or firestick..much better built device

Both my Roku and TV are now working on MLB TV ... so the roku wasn't too old.
The roku automatically updates or checks for updates everytime its on.

So, somebody did right and got me going !

I have several Rokus scattered around, I'm not gonna start over with Firesticks.

Both my Roku and TV are now working on MLB TV ... so the roku wasn't too old.
The roku automatically updates or checks for updates everytime its on.

So, somebody did right and got me going !

I have several Rokus scattered around, I'm not gonna start over with Firesticks.
It was the software..

ROKU controls all software upgrades..so they pushed it
The roku updates all the time automatically.
They may have pushed more software, but I really doubt it seeing I never actually talked to Roku.

Also, my TV is now working with the Android TV software on it, that also wouldn't have anything to do with Roku.

I gotta believe it was the authentication between Directv and MLB .... and having the correct info between them.

Has anyone else with D* MLBEI signed up for the MLB.TV streaming ?

Reactions: TheKrell
The roku updates all the time automatically.
They may have pushed more software, but I really doubt it seeing I never actually talked to Roku.

Also, my TV is now working with the Android TV software on it, that also wouldn't have anything to do with Roku.

I gotta believe it was the authentication between Directv and MLB .... and having the correct info between them.

Has anyone else with D* MLBEI signed up for the MLB.TV streaming ?
It depends if they push the software to your ROKU..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)