Roof replacement and Dish

Very interesting, I did not know that! And no, I don’t remember the fraud dept issue... what was that?

Where they would randomly call a customer and give them so many minutes to read them the location codes for all the customer's receivers to make sure they were all in the same house. If you failed they'd shut off all but the main receiver and you were SOL. And there was more... :rolleyes:

There is a BBB complaint on Dish right now, fairly recent, about being on the no tech list. There are customers on Black lists too. Meaning, they call in, they go straight to a specialized team, because they called too many times or too many credits. Those stories are always great.

I’ll give an example of one guy. He was put on a black list because he would call in and demand credits because John Cena got attacked In Wrestling. He would also demand credits because there was not enough versions of Jaws, and was upset that Dish stopped making them... those customers can usually be found on the BBB page also.

Had a Burger King that we used a non-pen mount on the roof. Went there twice to align it after roofers and air conditioner people moved it.

The third time I got irritated and moved the Dish to the ledge on the roof and bolted it down and out of the way.

Then they decided to remodel the store and put a new roof design and requested the Dish to be moved.

I told them there was going to be a charge this time and before I could go out they switched back to crappy Dish Network.
The Burger Kings in my area also put up Dish Network dishes after a remodel, so it wasn't just you.

And if a customer continually requires free service calls through their own fault like Claude explained then it gets to a point where that customer becomes unprofitable and it's time to say adios. Seriously, there are some customers a business is better off without.

I have several customers we had to let go this way.

The problem believe it or not is actually responding too fast when a customer needs service.

If you immediately go there, we find that customers will usually call you for every little thing.

Many times we will get an commercial service call escalation from Directv, and unless it’s a big hotel we will usually let the service call sit for a day before we call the customer back.

Usually by the time we call them back, the customer got impatient and figured out how to fix the problem on their own.

If you immediately call them, then they expect you to come out immediately, won’t try fixing it on their own, and then there is always the argument that they shouldn’t have to pay.

I can’t tell you how many times we have gone out, had a billable service call and the customer refused to pay.

That actually is both good and bad. Bad that you lost money, but good because If the customer knows they owe you a bill they will never call you again.

To be honest, I would rather be owed a bill for a service call then have to be called again.

We may bill a customer $65 for a service call, but many times the actual service call costs us more money as the tech gets $100 for going out, plus we sometimes pay for parts.

But getting back to the customers we had to let go. I had a sports bar who said they had a bad box and played dumb with me.

I was going to mail the customer a used box, but was going to be in the area in a few days and stopped by.

Turned out the HDMI connector was broken off in the back of the box and he wanted me to replace it saying it was broken when we installed it.

I refused to replace it, and instead gave the customer a component video cable.

Then I had to hear the rant how component was not as good as HDMI, and my response was it was not under warranty. So either use component or buy a new box.

So 6 months later, I get another call that now none of the Tv’s work. So I go out there and find an HDMI cable is bad, and a few of the other HDMI cables are disconnected.

So I replace the bad cables and give the customer a bag of 5 new HDMI cables so they can replace any other bad ones themselves.

A few weeks later, they call again with some stupid issue. The owner says to me to send out someone this time who knows what he is doing as the last idiot you sent out was very rude and refused to replace their bad box.

I politely said “Sir, that idiot we sent out was me the owner of the company”

Then just silence for a few seconds...

Needless to say, we never went back out there again and they switched to the cable company.

I have several customers we had to let go this way.

The problem believe it or not is actually responding too fast when a customer needs service.

If you immediately go there, we find that customers will usually call you for every little thing.

Many times we will get an commercial service call escalation from Directv, and unless it’s a big hotel we will usually let the service call sit for a day before we call the customer back.

Usually by the time we call them back, the customer got impatient and figured out how to fix the problem on their own.

If you immediately call them, then they expect you to come out immediately, won’t try fixing it on their own, and then there is always the argument that they shouldn’t have to pay.

I can’t tell you how many times we have gone out, had a billable service call and the customer refused to pay.

That actually is both good and bad. Bad that you lost money, but good because If the customer knows they owe you a bill they will never call you again.

To be honest, I would rather be owed a bill for a service call then have to be called again.

We may bill a customer $65 for a service call, but many times the actual service call costs us more money as the tech gets $100 for going out, plus we sometimes pay for parts.

But getting back to the customers we had to let go. I had a sports bar who said they had a bad box and played dumb with me.

I was going to mail the customer a used box, but was going to be in the area in a few days and stopped by.

Turned out the HDMI connector was broken off in the back of the box and he wanted me to replace it saying it was broken when we installed it.

I refused to replace it, and instead gave the customer a component video cable.

Then I had to hear the rant how component was not as good as HDMI, and my response was it was not under warranty. So either use component or buy a new box.

So 6 months later, I get another call that now none of the Tv’s work. So I go out there and find an HDMI cable is bad, and a few of the other HDMI cables are disconnected.

So I replace the bad cables and give the customer a bag of 5 new HDMI cables so they can replace any other bad ones themselves.

A few weeks later, they call again with some stupid issue. The owner says to me to send out someone this time who knows what he is doing as the last idiot you sent out was very rude and refused to replace their bad box.

I politely said “Sir, that idiot we sent out was me the owner of the company”

Then just silence for a few seconds...

Needless to say, we never went back out there again and they switched to the cable company.

Wow. Unbelieveable. The owner of the bar sounds like a douchebag.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts