Roofers

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

sarness

Original poster
Jun 1, 2017
Ohio
Roofers came over to redo the pitch of the roof. I purposely had my mom's dish not installed in their way, but they took it down anyways. On top of that, they thought the other dish was abondoned, so they just cut the wires going to it. It however fed the receivers that the wife and I watch.

I called support, nobody available until the 29th and it would be $95 of which $45 would be waived.

Something change? They used to fix the cabling at no charge before, mostly from squirrel damage. They also used to come out quicker.

Steven

Roofers came over to redo the pitch of the roof. I purposely had my mom's dish not installed in their way, but they took it down anyways. On top of that, they thought the other dish was abondoned, so they just cut the wires going to it. It however fed the receivers that the wife and I watch.
Why in the world would they do that without checking with the homeowner first? :rolleyes:

Why in the world would they do that without checking with the homeowner first? :rolleyes:
Because it doesn't take a college degree to be a roofer - apologies if anyone here is one. I've had more arguments with roofers who think they can point a Dish or who screwed up by installing the mast wrong (Angled toward the SW smh) and for contractors, they seem to have no idea what Plumb means. I would say the customer here has a legit damage claim with his roofer and should get the cost of the tech visit, if nothing else.

BTW, specifically Central Ohio always seems to run about 2 weeks behind

Yes, the roofers goofed, they should have asked, yes I should give them the bill.

Little more insight that I have more time. The dishes are on a separate building on my property (better Los) they took down the newer looking one to get it out of their way. The other dish looked older and they thought it was abandoned, so they just cut the wires as they were in the way.

They shouldn't have needed to move the first one, of which they put back and still completed the work. I replaced the cut cable when I came home so it's all good now.

The first rep didn't say there was a cost, only a time slot for Friday. I called the other number, which is now disconnected, called back in and that rep said there was a cost for the truck roll.

Just a busy day that subtracted from my free time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts