Rooting an Android phone... found out why today

Finally I can’t believe people are still touting the ‘void the warranty’ thing. Unjailbreaking the iPhone is as simple as plugging the phone into the computer, launching iTunes and clicking on ‘Restore iPhone’. Unrooting and Android phone may not be as simple but it can be done. And once back to factory state, no one is the wiser.

I guess it depends on the method. Like I mentioned before, unrooting many android models with the proper one touch method is as simple as clicking unroot on the phone. For the ones I have had you dont even need a computer to do it.

Not sure what you’re talking about. While I’ve only used HDMI out a handful of times, I had no problems with it. I don’t even know where my micro HDMI cable is anymore.

I had sync issues in the beginning, whereas CM (still new) has not.

I’ve had no problems with 4G, and if a third party ROM can improve significantly on 12Mb download speeds on Wimax, I’d love to see it.

I get usable 4g signal with CM7 where I get none with HTC stock. So that would be 6 mbits/sec vs 1 mbits/sec. It isn't just peak speed, it's how many places you get connected. At my office it's about 9 mbits vs 8 pretty close to the tower (cm wins).

Outside of speedtest I have never seen more than 8 mbits sustained from either.

And so far I’ve run three or four custom ROMs, Fresh, Cyanogen, OMJ and I forgot the other one. And once I have all my apps and widgets loaded on, neither one is any faster then the stock ROM.

I've run stock, cm (6 + 7), myn, fresh and mui.

For me, cm is better. For you, clearly not.

Swyped on my Nook color using Tapatalk Pro

Where's Iceberg and his "No Hack talk!"??? ;)

Really, though, I don't understand the mindset that says I want this shiny new goo-gad, but it doesn't run fast enough, so I'm going to void the warranty and run it faster by jailbreak/root/hack.

As others have said recovering to stock is simple and painless.

And I trust some anonymous programmer in who-knows-where-istan to create firmware for my new communications device so it does something it wasn't intended to do, and I also trust that there weren't any back doors installed that now turn my 4G phone into the fastest SPAM forwarder that isn't tied to any one physical location.

Wifi tether is part of the base froyo code. Why did the manufacturers take away something it was intended to do? Oh that's right, to charge for something that's in the code and should be free?

Speaking only of CM here it's exotic locales like New York - istan, Florida-i-stan, california-nbul, etc. The code is open sourced and readily available from their git hub. Feel free to parse it, compile it then compare checksums. One advantage of open source is the ability to check the code.

Swyped on my Nook color using Tapatalk Pro

I tried the iPhone 4 for three weeks but decided Android filled my needs better. I went to the Atrix on Friday. It took me three minutes to root with BAT file that ran via ADB. I can unroot just as easy. Yeah I dont have unlocked bootloader but everything else I need is great.

I agree that rooting and returning the phone to "as sold" shouldn't void a warranty. I should have said that over-clocking risks damaging the CPU and shouldn't be covered under warranty.

Big Dawg:

Not that you've had tons of experience with the atrix yet, but how do you like it so far?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

So far it is the best Android phone I have had. The speed and battery life is amazing. Yes, it does have 1930 mah battery but the size and weight is less than many phones. I have owned Droid 1, Droid X, HD2(Converted to Android), Vibrant(1 Day) and G2.

Rooting it to block ads, use Titanium and absolute emergency tethering just adds to it. I have exchange set up for work, which requires PIN security, however the finger scanner makes it lickity split to unlock. The phone will only get better when the patch unleahes all of HSPA+.

What is really amazing is video and picture quality. The video I shot was better than anything I have had before like Droid X or iPhone 4. The video HDMI out on my VIZIO looks great given it is a cell phone. Having 16GB on board and a spot for a 32GB memory card only adds to the enjoyment.

which one?
sorry i missed your post. the rom is from the android creative syndicate. (ACS) its a kings rom. very fast. the most stable and pretty much bug free rom i've used so far is from myn's.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)