Ogdensburg NY, Winter Haven Fl.
On E*
KTLA Rose parade in SD no KTLA-HD on Dish
Travel channel Rose Parade in SD
HGTV Rose parade in Sd
HGTV HD feed no Rose bowl
NBC Rose parade no HD
ABC Rose Parade in HD

so I was resigned to watching on ABC, which for 2 hrs was mostly commercials for Greys Anatomy, Desperate Housewifes, and promotions for Orange Bowl and Rose Bowl, and booth banter. very little of the actual parade.

I was surprised HGTV HD would not have the parade in HD

How come no other channel had it in HD. Does ABC have an exclusive right to do it in HD. I guess I am spoiled by HD and won't watch anything else.

Last edited:
The question needs to be: Did it really need to be on at least six different stations? Please it's a bloody parade for gods sake! At least we don't have to put up with the Rose Bowl game on that many channels!!!

lol I dunno how you missed it. It was in the guide and they've done it for several years. It's one of those known events amoung the HD world

On E*
KTLA Rose parade in SD no KTLA-HD on Dish
Travel channel Rose Parade in SD
HGTV Rose parade in Sd
HGTV HD feed no Rose bowl
NBC Rose parade no HD
ABC Rose Parade in HD

so I was resigned to watching on ABC, which for 2 hrs was mostly commercials for Greys Anatomy, Desperate Housewifes, and promotions for Orange Bowl and Rose Bowl, and booth banter. very little of the actual parade.

I was surprised HGTV HD would not have the parade in HD

How come no other channel had it in HD. Does ABC have an exclusive right to do it in HD. I guess I am spoiled by HD and won't watch anything else.

KTLA's was on Discovery HD. That's what the guide is for, to find them.

The parade was really lame, though, as the theme was so generic it didn't lend to creativity. "Our Good Nature"

Wow, they made big flowers out of small flowers. Cool!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)