Rotten Service

hughesmk

Original poster
Jul 4, 2004
Been jerked around by the folks at dishnetworks for more than three weeks now. I had service with voom for almost 2 years and other than rain fade from hurricanes never had an issue. We moved to Dish about 60 days ago, and the service still does not work reliably. We have the 942 which is an awesome box when it works, unfortunately ours must be a lemon because it rarely works since the L227 software update.

Because it is the 942 and and replacement has to be shipped directly from Dish it seems to be impossible to get this resolved. They have promised to ship one and didn't, then promised call back after call back and again didn't.

After instisting on speaking to supervisor after supervisor today, and refusing to wait for another call back that will likely never come, I finally got to someone who told me that the issues I am having with the 942 are know problems caused by the L227 upgrade, apparently it is not compatible with the DPP Twin Pro LNBs that they are using on the Dish 500.

They are supposed to be downloading L228 sometime next week (if it passes testing) to resolve the incompatibility with the LNBs. It also is supposedly going to fix the DVI video problems that I have also been experiencing.

Unfortunately a fix to be downloaded at some later date does me no good as my service is still not working.

Any ideas how to get hold of someone at dish that that cares about customer service enough to either help get me back up and running or would have the authority to send some one out to rip out their equipment and refund my money?

Mike

hughesmk said:
Been jerked around by the folks at dishnetworks for more than three weeks now. I had service with voom for almost 2 years and other than rain fade from hurricanes never had an issue. We moved to Dish about 60 days ago, and the service still does not work reliably. We have the 942 which is an awesome box when it works, unfortunately ours must be a lemon because it rarely works since the L227 software update.

Because it is the 942 and and replacement has to be shipped directly from Dish it seems to be impossible to get this resolved. They have promised to ship one and didn't, then promised call back after call back and again didn't.

After instisting on speaking to supervisor after supervisor today, and refusing to wait for another call back that will likely never come, I finally got to someone who told me that the issues I am having with the 942 are know problems caused by the L227 upgrade, apparently it is not compatible with the DPP Twin Pro LNBs that they are using on the Dish 500.

They are supposed to be downloading L228 sometime next week (if it passes testing) to resolve the incompatibility with the LNBs. It also is supposedly going to fix the DVI video problems that I have also been experiencing.

Unfortunately a fix to be downloaded at some later date does me no good as my service is still not working.

Any ideas how to get hold of someone at dish that that cares about customer service enough to either help get me back up and running or would have the authority to send some one out to rip out their equipment and refund my money?

Mike
ceo@echostar.com nobody higher, if they don't respond talk with your wallet put the 942 on Ebay and cancel service.

You can try ceo@echostar.com

When I was having trouble with getting waivers, they were the the only ones who cared. The supervisor in the call center was not too bright.

As far as getting somebody to your house....Are you renting the equipment or did you purchase the equipment?

What issues are you having with the dish pro plus twin ? I have the dish500 with dish pro plus twin and a side sat dish to 61.5 and I am no longer having any problems with my 942 since the last update to L227. I was having problems with the guide updating nightly and I would have multi switch issues with the Voom channels . Since the last software update I have had no problems.

the error message

Receiver comes up with the message:

004 Error that problem was detected with switch configuration

It does this several times a day, usually two or three times one after another. When you run the check switch, it will then either fail one or more of the inputs and/or detect the DPP Twins as SW64s intstead.

Sometimes another check switch resolves, sometime it doesnt.

When it alls works it is great, when they don't it really makes me question the cost.

Mike

Run a check switch without the cables plugged in to the back of your 942. It should be like checkswitch of 1 - 38. When you get the entire thing done, replug in your cables and run the checkswitch again. It should clear out your matrix and then it should recognize the dish pro plus twin.

IF that doesn't work replace the twin with another one through the dish home protection plan( $5.99 a month) and you can always drop it once the new lnb arrives. Replace the old twin with the new and it should work. If that doesn't work make sure your system is grounded at the dish and that all your cables are RG6 and in good working order. IF you have any diplexors hooked up or seperators , then replace them as well.

IF all that doesn't work ,you could under the dish home protection plan , call for a tech to visit and take a look at your setup for $29.95. Once again if they fix your problem you can still drop the protection plan off of your bill.

Good luck .

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)