Routinely have to reset Hopper

donl1150

Original poster
Aug 21, 2013
Minnesota
I am a fairly new Dish customer - less than a year. Ever since installation, about once a week we have to reset the Hopper since it simply stops recording as it should. We only have a couple of series recordings but it also misses all the Prime Time recordings as well. Is this a common occurrence or do we simply have a bad unit?

?don

Have you checked if primetime is turned on? Also Is your primetime locals in HD?

Also have you checked if what you are wanting to record is actually a duplicate? It will not record something you already have.

Say you already have cops season 5 episode 3 recorded.
If it came on the next week it will skip it.

I would also check your recording schedule and see if it is actually set to record.

You can check yourself or have a tech out, but what I would look at first is whether the cable from the Node (silver box in sat line from dish) to the Hopper (host port of node) says on it "swept to 3ghz". What that means is that the cable is rated high enough to carry all three sat signals from the node. That is the most common issue I have seen for a hopper to randomly have recording issues, but it has to be checked on the run from the node all the way to the hopper, not just the wallplate to the hopper.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts