Rsn And Nesnhd Alert!!!!! OFFICIAL PRESS RELEASE!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Janney66 said:
Did anyone else's NESN HD appear a little choppy tonight?

Thank god it just wasnt me! The pic was outstanding for me during still shots. However when the pitcher was in his throwing motion..the pitchers arm and the ball travelling to the plate seemed staggered. Like an old film.

I was thinking it had something to do with the speed of the activity on the field and the NESN HD cameras not being able to keep up.

Yep I think the frame rate as shown didnt match that of full motion. So a few drop frames or an odd frame rate is problably the issue. I wonder if its in the MPEG4 conversion. Either way, the colors brightness and detail makes me never want to see SD version. I find SD NESN to be especially washed down just like some local channels over sat.

Yes I had motion blurring pretty regularly, I dont expect it to be fixed soon considering the probs with the other mpeg 4 neworks.

I don't have the motion issue on any other MPEG4 locals, so I don't see it as a problem overall with how DirecTV is handling MPEG4, but more like something that they may tweak to correct, hopefully.

EDIT: Actually, now that I look a little closer at Leno, I do see a similar movement issue like with NESN HD. Seems to be a problem with Boston HD, as I did not see this kinda of problem with the CT locals.

Last edited:
I have never seen this type of problem with the big 4 networks. Overall though, the other networks have more issues. The lip synch is worse, there is pixelation, and audio and video drops. At least with nesn the only real issue is this stuttering.

I "moved" and Hazel Mae never looked so good. I'm F*ckin estatic here. Thanks for all the awesome help and info. There is a GOD. WOO HOO. I feel like a little kid.

Interesting. So we're learning that the spot beam deos reach further than the physical boston DMA. I guess it comes down to DirecTV not taking a chance on adding additional zip codes in case the signal is too low

For you guys that want to "move". I did this way back when we had no UPN station so I "moved" to Detroit to get UPN (which carried Red Wings at the time).

Anyway, you don't want to tell them you are actually moving. That will change not only your billing address, but your service address as well.
So you do as someone above did: Call up and say you want to change your service address but leave your billing address the same. 98% of the time there will be no questions, the CSR drone will just do it and let you go. If they do ask you can say you are taking a temp job in the city and so have an appartment in the city. Honestly they could care less and the only time you'll get someone asking why is if they are doing "chit chat" to pass the time.

And you don't want to choose a service address of someone that already has DirecTV or might get it in the future. Best thing to do if you have a friend is to add an apartment number to the address so that it's unique. Or choose a Burger King or something.

If you have actually moved both addresses then go online and you can change your billing address online back to your real house.

Quick question (sorry if it's been answered already). If I "move" my servicing address to my brother's place outside Boston, will I then start picking up the other Boston HD stations (other than NESN) on my HR10-250 ? I'm wondering if I'd get the best of both worlds, HD Boston over the dish and HD OTA from CT.

stumacdo said:
Quick question (sorry if it's been answered already). If I "move" my servicing address to my brother's place outside Boston, will I then start picking up the other Boston HD stations (other than NESN) on my HR10-250 ? I'm wondering if I'd get the best of both worlds, HD Boston over the dish and HD OTA from CT.

if you don't have an h20 or a 5 lnb dish, you will not get any mpeg 4 channels. the hr10-250 can't recieve those.

wyatt9696 said:
if you don't have an h20 or a 5 lnb dish, you will not get any mpeg 4 channels. the hr10-250 can't recieve those.

Damn. That's what I was worried about. I wonder if I would receive Boston HD locals over the Dish with the HR10-250, or since they've probably been switched over to Mpeg4, I may be out of luck with that as well ???

BFG said:
Interesting. So we're learning that the spot beam deos reach further than the physical boston DMA. I guess it comes down to DirecTV not taking a chance on adding additional zip codes in case the signal is too low

You know I thought this as well. But we had serious storms last night and not one single pixelation. I still dont know which transponder Bostons are on but the signal was great during rain downpours.

Brewer4 said:
You know I thought this as well. But we had serious storms last night and not one single pixelation. I still dont know which transponder Bostons are on but the signal was great during rain downpours.
Same here. You would not have known watching the game that there were really bad storms outside.

stumacdo said:
Damn. That's what I was worried about. I wonder if I would receive Boston HD locals over the Dish with the HR10-250, or since they've probably been switched over to Mpeg4, I may be out of luck with that as well ???

As has been posted a few times and in the press release you're out of luck. The HD locals and HD RSN's are on the MPEG4 sats and the HR10-250 or any receiver other then then H20 can't get them. Sorry!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)