Rsn And Nesnhd Alert!!!!! OFFICIAL PRESS RELEASE!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Brewer4 said:
Cant do it online. You have to do it via phone. I hate doing it too. Feels kinda creepy but I am a legit paying subscriber so I dont feel anything illegal is occuring. Shouldnt have to be this way but this isnt the first time Hartford market has been passed over or not given priority status.
Did you "move" to a relatives? Same last name? Does the CSR who does it care? Did you just say, "Yeah so, I'd like to change my address because I've moved".? Sorry for all the ?s... I just want to be able to "move" back to CT in case this doesn't work out here where I live...

added to Paulie's question:

Are you telling them its a permanent or temporary move or a 2nd house maybe? What are the details?

bgilga said:
I was wondering if any Mets fans were watching SNY-HD tonight. The guide say it is on. Also, is Comcast Chicago and Mid Atlantic lit up? I did another check of zip codes on D*'s website. Pike County, PA, which is 20 miles from me, is considered the NYC DMA. They are supposed to get both the Yankees (ch 96) and Mets (ch 97) tonight. We are getting ch 95 and that's it.

NYDMA report:

Channel 95 NYY in MPEG2
Channel 96 NYY in MPEG4 - I have a large plasma - but both look identical to me
I know its MPEG4 for channel 96 because I reset my H20 w/3lnb and channel 96 was 'channel not available'

Channel 97 online guide said Mets vs Reds. NADA. no game - blank channel and guide says 'to be announced'

I did a move before years ago when Hartford had no locals and I used a friends address in New York area. This time I used a friends address in Boston and all I said simply is I want to update my Service Address. I then gave the address and asked when it was in effect. She said now and you can check on website. That was it. No duration, no questions why, who where, etc. If they do ask, you have 2 residences, keep current for billing but using D* at the Boston address.

You can move back when D* gets their act together. I did that years ago when the finally offered Hartford locals and will do it again if they offer NESN HD. Keep in mind you do have to reset your receivers. I called back and got the automated service. I used code 721 which resets your units via satellite.

Thoroughly enjoying the game right now. Beautiful!!

I think I know what I'm going to do....

I am going to call and tell them I'm moving (give them my friend's address in Boston). If it does not work, and I don't get NESN HD here, I'll cal back like tomorrow and tell them that my move has been delayed for a little bit, and I'd like my Hartford locals, cause they disappeared (playing dumb).

awesome...i need to do this too... My only issue is to get a 5lnb now. Andy becasue I refuse to let them come here and touch anything, I will have to buy the dish on ebay or something...

asousa said:
awesome...i need to do this too... My only issue is to get a 5lnb now. Andy becasue I refuse to let them come here and touch anything, I will have to buy the dish on ebay or something...
I suppose you could make an appointment with D* and then tell the installer that you will place it.... he will probably be happy with you and you probably won't have to pay for the dish that way.

Jimbo

One problem here.... Only my H20 is working. The rest of my recivers (two old Hughes, and an R15) all give me 721 messages. I tried resetting them all, and called DirecTV and did the automated reset thing, no luck. Any suggestions?

I checked my account online, and the three receivers that aren't working are showing as having programming mirroring turn "off". What should I do to get these back on? Must I call and speak to someone and lie again?

PaulieORF said:
One problem here.... Only my H20 is working. The rest of my recivers (two old Hughes, and an R15) all give me 721 messages. I tried resetting them all, and called DirecTV and did the automated reset thing, no luck. Any suggestions?

Go through the guided setup for the R15 and use the new zip code. You might have to reboot again and call D* with 721 message again. It took a few times to get my HD Tivos working.

PaulieORF said:
I checked my account online, and the three receivers that aren't working are showing as having programming mirroring turn "off". What should I do to get these back on? Must I call and speak to someone and lie again?

No just explain you lost service on those boxes. Dont even have to mention a move. Just say you are getting no locals.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)