Rsn And Nesnhd Alert!!!!! OFFICIAL PRESS RELEASE!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Checked my guide at 7am this morning. I have a 623 NESN and 623 HD. The 623 HD shows tonights game "Upcoming Royals @ Red Sox". I believe this is shown through the MLB Extra Innings. Does anyone know when or if DTV will shown NESN HD 24/7.

MADDOG 47 said:
Checked my guide at 7am this morning. I have a 623 NESN and 623 HD. The 623 HD shows tonights game "Upcoming Royals @ Red Sox". I believe this is shown through the MLB Extra Innings. Does anyone know when or if DTV will shown NESN HD 24/7.

What market are you in?

I thought it was on fulltime this morning, as I was watching sportsdesk in hd, but now there is nothing on the hd channel but the directv logo. It just says title unavailable on the channel through tonight.

I am in the Boston DMA. This morning it was showing the "unavailable" with the DTV logo. I then reset my receiver and it showed tonights game upcoming in the guide.

Ok, reset my receiever, again and now it says upcoming royals sox on the hd channel like an extra innings game. Looks like tvbob may have been right afterall about no fulltime hd channel, even in boston.

MADDOG 47 said:
I am in the Boston DMA. This morning it was showing the "unavailable" with the DTV logo. I then reset my receiver and it showed tonights game upcoming in the guide.

Well as I said, sportsdesk was in hd for me, and after that even some paid programming was on the hd channel with bars, but now nothing.

Questioner said:
Ok, reset my receiever, again and now it says upcoming royals sox on the hd channel like an extra innings game. Looks like tvbob may have been right afterall about no fulltime hd channel, even in boston.

you joking about your other identity TVBob again?

Tvbob is not me, just giving credit where credit is due. So much for pregame in hd....or game replays (great considering there is no mpeg 4 dvr)

Last edited:
Questioner said:
Tvbob is not me, just giving credit where credit is due. So much for pregame in hd....or game replays (great considering there is no mpeg 4 dvr)

TVBob (mirror) was wrong at every turn in this process.

Hart5150 said:
TVBob (mirror) was wrong at every turn in this process.

I don't check avsforums much, but from what I gathered he simply said there would be no fulltime mpeg 4 rsn hd channels in the next few months, he didn't rule out parttime hd for games.

Directv needs to issue a correct press release.

I watched sportsdesk in hd this morning , I'm so happy . Just a logo screen now. Just infomertials on now anyhow.

Paid programming is back with bars....maybe tvbob was wrong afterall. There will be a replay of last nights kc game on at 130.

mazter17 said:
Boston Globe has ad that clearly states tune in at 6 on D* channel 623 Nesnhd

Id like to tune in for their other instudio programming in hd in a perfect world.

is the nesn hd coming from a spaceway spotbeam? I called d* and they told me it was broadcast from 119 and only games were in hd? I only have a phase 3 dish.

just spoke to a NESN person in programming, and was told that CT will not receive the HD feed due to DTV's technical limitations, with their current spotbeam configuration etc...

my suggestion is that everyone just pummel DTV with calls and emails, to try and get this changed. what a bunch of sh*t. I knew deep down, that CT would get screwed.

Question: couldn't Ct residents just "move" to a Boston address, and use OTA to get CT locals. Is this possible? Anyone know?

beakor said:
is the nesn hd coming from a spaceway spotbeam? I called d* and they told me it was broadcast from 119 and only games were in hd? I only have a phase 3 dish.

You need a 5 lnb dish and h20 receiver to get the boston spotbeam. The press release says it should be fulltime....this better be the case:

"On July 18, HD MLB games from YES Network (Yankees) and FSN Southwest (Rangers HD games will be seen only in the Dallas DMA) will be available, as well as a continuous 24/7 HD feed from NESN HD (Red Sox). In August DIRECTV will deliver HD MLB games from SportsNet New York (Mets), as well as continuous 24/7 HD feeds from Comcast SportsNet Mid-Atlantic HD (Orioles) and Comcast SportsNet Chicago HDTV (Cubs, White Sox)."

It is a technical limitation. They only have room to place the channel on a spot beam, which only covers boston.

gees folks kuitchurbitchin

Questioner said:

You AND TVBob (who are the same person) have been WRONG about EVERYTHING you post - give it up already.

You just whine and crave attention like a little baby.

We are not the same person, I simply post my most recent observations, how can they be wrong? Can't speak for tvbob.

I was right about nesn hd not being available in any market but Boston. Of course I just reported what nesn and directv told me.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts