Rsn And Nesnhd Alert!!!!! OFFICIAL PRESS RELEASE!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
ramy, i know this is off-topic but i'm a lifelong reds fan, grew up in cincy, spent many summer days and nights at old crosley field. hope they can stay healthy and, at least, win the wild card. btw, i have caught a few reds games in hd this season....totally awesome!

Do I hear the sounds of angels? I woke up this AM and turned on 623 and started my search....and who woulda thunk I have two 623's now. One with a big honker of an HD in the top left hand corner.

It has the best white screen with blue directv logo Ive ever seen! Bring on the Sox in HD.

OK now where is my front page banner!!!

Lets go! I want trumpets blaring and fireworks shooting!!!

Can a brotha get a table dance or what? Lets go ,get it up!

Questioner said:
Its july 18th....no nesn hd in boston, guess tvbob was right

Hard to believe that at 12:01am on the 18th you would actually post this nonsense.

But at least the combined Questioner/TVBob record stays at 100%

As in 100% WRONG.

I just checked D*'S website and the Sox game is listed on CH 96 for tonight. I apologise to subs in CT and RI, I do not know any zip codes to check your status. I also ran a New York City zip code and saw the Yankees on 96 and the Mets on 97. I thought SNY was coming in August.

I mean was he staying up past his bedtime just to see what would happen at the stroke of Midnight?

But - he is consistent.

bgilga said:
I just checked D*'S website and the Sox game is listed on CH 96 for tonight. I apologise to subs in CT and RI, I do not know any zip codes to check your status. I also ran a New York City zip code and saw the Yankees on 96 and the Mets on 97. I thought SNY was coming in August.

I thought the same about the Mets - but maybe, just maybe they had to jump on the bandwagon for fear of losing fans.

Better to be early than late I guess!

Questioner said:
Its july 18th....no nesn hd in boston, guess tvbob was right
Do you care to amend this since people are getting NESN-HD this morning? You should know by now that D* usually adds new channels around 5/6am in the morning, not at the stroke of midnight.

Just checked my guide as of 7:00AM (EST) and still no channel 96 (NESN-HD). I will check again once I get home from work.

Equipment - H20 w/ 5lnb dish

Brewer4 said:
Its not necessarily showing HD though. Right now they look like mirrored 480p programs.

A poster from Boston stated that on the program guide - one of the 623's said HD on the left - is this what you are getting in Hartford?

ScoBuck said:
Still a bit unsure I think. Two separate Connecticut posters at avsforums have reported having 2 channel 623's in their guide now.
Let me rephrase that... I am told no NESN HD in the hartford area (06103)

I just got off the phone with a Direct-TV CSR and she said her supervisor told her that I was supposed to get NESN-HD and YES games in HD and they were trying to figure out why I wasn't getting 2 623 channels. My zip is 06360. She said I was in the spot-beam location. Where is everybody getting there info that CT isn't getting NESN-HD???

My zip is 06447. 2 channels but nothing in guide or actual program showing HD or HD symbol. I have native mode too so it switches when I change the channel. Both are 480p.

Up until now, I was getting mirrored programs on the two channels, one not in hd, the other with the nesn hd bars on the side.....however now there is nothing but the directv symbol on the hd channel. Hd was working though, I was watching sportsdesk in hd, now they just have paid programming.

Technically, the hd channel seemed better than my boston mpeg 4 networks, no audio or video drops, but there is periodic ghosting or blurring that is noticeable during fast action scenes. Lip synch is not perfect, not that it matters much for sports.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts