RSN Blacked Out "Not subscribed" message

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dfecarter

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 14, 2006
Connecticut
My zip code 06401 says I should get a combination of RSN's both from NY (mainly) and NESN (NH/Hartford Ct market).
The weird thing is that lately NY Islander games on Ch.625 have been going black and a message saying "not subscribed" appears on the screen. This isn't happening on the rest of the RSN's. Now regular programming, say NCAA hoop games, and all the rest of MSG plus regular programming comes in fine. But if the Knicks or Rangers are on 624 and Islanders or Devils are on 625 it seems to be blacked out. What gives? I emailed Directv but am not confident their reply with be helpful or accurate. Am wondering if some obscure back out rules is at work or a glitch!
If you punch in my zip code on the directv website it clearly says MSG plus, MSG,SNY,YES and NESN (I know I shouldn't be complaining, I get my share being on the border of 2 markets).

when I plug in the zip it does look weird

Madison Square Garden (Ch. 634) - HD Available

New Jersey Devils (HD Available)
New York Islanders (HD Available)
New York Knicks (HD Available)
New York Rangers (HD Available)

MSG Plus HD (Ch. 635) - HD Available
New York Knicks (HD Available)
New York Rangers (HD Available)

I read it as if the games are on MSG+ unless its the Rangers you would be blacked out....sounds stupid but maybe because MSG has been around longer?

I've complained directly to D* about this on many occasions - it's a bug, until someone tells me differently.

I'll try bringing this up again...

Thanks guys for your input!
I called D tonight and spoke to Tech Support. It seemed to go over the rep's head but was told the bottom line was that it was the network's doing not D.
Guess MSG (thanks Mr.Dolan) is being dictatorial again. At least I know it's not me. Kinda sucks.
While I was on the phone...I asked it they could do anything about my 3 Neighboring Area chs. in HD. Again was told, it was up to the networks that they couldn't do anything on their end :(

Thanks guys for your input!
I called D tonight and spoke to Tech Support. It seemed to go over the rep's head but was told the bottom line was that it was the network's doing not D.
Guess MSG (thanks Mr.Dolan) is being dictatorial again. At least I know it's not me. Kinda sucks.
While I was on the phone...I asked it they could do anything about my 3 Neighboring Area chs. in HD. Again was told, it was up to the networks that they couldn't do anything on their end :(

Total nonsense. Rights are per team/league, not channel. It's a bug in their database, and I've been trying to get it fixed. We'll see.

Game tonight is available on 636-1. I'm going to hold out for a non-ranger game to raise any alarms.

There is a limit to how many Rangers, Islanders, and Devils game can be shown outside of the New York DMA. It's about 50 games for each team in upstate NY, Connecticut, and Pennsylvania.

Why not just give D a New York City address/zip and be done with these blackouts if you want NY sports?

There is a limit to how many Rangers, Islanders, and Devils game can be shown outside of the New York DMA. It's about 50 games for each team in upstate NY, Connecticut, and Pennsylvania.

I live in central CT. I don't think I have ever been blacked out of a Rangers game.

Most interesting because it lists no such "50 game limit" for the devs/isles in most of CT, including the zips we're talking about.

My hope is still up we can get this blackout fixed...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts