RSN Channel Numbers

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Kirk1233

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 3, 2017
Pittsburgh, PA
why does dish use the 412-xx for all RSNs?!? It’s annoying because you need to enter five digits to get to one of those instead of three. Between 1-999 they should be able to give the RSNs their own three digits.

Reactions: pattykay
Do the newer receivers not see 413-459? For me, NBC Sports Chicago is 429, the alts are 440-459. And when I have the multi-sports pack, Fox Sports Detroit is 430, MS Midwest is 418, etc.

Do the newer receivers not see 413-459? For me, NBC Sports Chicago is 429, the alts are 440-459. And when I have the multi-sports pack, Fox Sports Detroit is 430, MS Midwest is 418, etc.
I have a Hopper 3. Didn’t have service before the Hopper 3. Wonder why they’d do it differently within different platforms.

I have a Hopper 3. Didn’t have service before the Hopper 3. Wonder why they’d do it differently within different platforms.

Yeah, that is weird. I knew the hopper and the Wally had that for the RSN's and some of the music channels where they were a single channel with "subchannels", but I thought they could also access the other channel numbers as well. I have a VIP211k, so I don't have a channel 412, just individual channels for all the RSNs.

Reactions: pattykay
why does dish use the 412-xx for all RSNs?!? It’s annoying because you need to enter five digits to get to one of those instead of three. Between 1-999 they should be able to give the RSNs their own three digits.

Actually, I like the ability to collapse similar channels. You can collapse the SEC under 404, Big 10 under 405, PAC 12 under 406, Regional Sports under 412, and Sirius under 99. This helps condense the Guide so you do not have to scroll through hundreds of channels to find the channel you want.
I only expand the channel group that I am interested in viewing. I don’t want to scroll through 900 channels to find my channel.
So count me as one who endorses the way Dish does their groupings.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Is there any way on a Hopper or Wally to use the other numbers to access the RSN's? Or are those channels blocked from being viewed on those receivers?

For those who use Alexa, this also blocks Alexa's ability to tune directly to any specific RSN or SiriusXM channel. Alexa simply does not recognize these "subchannel" numbers. I agree, there should be a way to disable the "collapsible" channel numbers and use real channel numbers instead, but still keep the feature available for those who like the "collapsible" channels.

Reactions: Kirk1233

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts