RSN removals - I feel your pain

ttomni6

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 14, 2011
Maui
Aloha from Maui:

For all you folks who have had DISH drop your RSN's - I now feel your pain.

I live in Hawaii where they think the California RSN's are our RSN's and two of our four RSN's have been dropped because of the recent dispute.

In my case, I want to see Rangers and Islanders hockey games. I subscribe to NHL Center Ice to do this and tonight (as I write this), the Rangers are playing LA Kings.

Unfortunately, I'm supposed to be watching the game on a channel that DISH no longer has an agreement with and I'm blacked out on the NHL subscription service I pay full freight for.

DISH, I've been told by a sympathetic CSR, that DISH has me blacklisted so I can't get any recognition for loss of service (customer since early 2000 in Hawaii and several years in Oregon when DISH first was available over my C band install).

But on my end, I will only miss games that the Islanders and Rangers play with California teams (which still sucks). But for you folks who have lost your local RSN's and will have ALL your teams blacked out because of your location no matter how much you pay for other services - I feel your pain.

DISH - get this fixed soon - please!!

Yes. Blacked out because this game is required to be viewed on the local RSN which is no longer available due to the current DISH dispute.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Also interesting is that I had to be on the East Coast a few weeks ago to help my father with an emergency hospital stay.

Because I was located to be on the East Coast, I couldn’t watch my Rangers or Islanders games via NHL.tv because I was required to watch on the MSG networks which are not recognized by my subscription in Hawaii.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)