RT on Dish - time to take it down.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

seminole2001

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 13, 2005
Earth
Having a full fledged propaganda channel for the Russian government on Dish seems like a poor choice in light of the current situation in Ukraine. Seems like an easy call for Charlie to pull the plug on it. I know it’s a small move, but every bit counts right now.

2520B94E-DAA3-4BB0-8125-7D0DD27B89AC.jpeg

Having a full fledged propaganda channel for the Russian government on Dish seems like a poor choice in light of the current situation in Ukraine. Seems like an easy call for Charlie to pull the plug on it. I know it’s a small move, but every bit counts right now.
Why bother? There are a lot of channels I don't like, but others do. Russia Today has always been a pro Putin channel. The Russian Doc channel that streams used to be much better, but I am sure it is biased too.

I do not support censorship of any kind, even from news sources that I disagree with (such as RT). I also disagree with the show "The View" and CNN but I NEVER called for them to be taken down. People got to stop being such wimps and not have a backbone for anything that hurts their little "feelings". Geez, if you don't like it, either don't watch it or you could even boycott it. Grow a pair.

The European Union has already banned Russian media services such as RT, but think about this for a moment: remember the old adage about keeping your friends close and your enemies closer? Most Russian people are only hearing the message of Putin on their television channels, and any "independent" voice such as a newspaper must toe the party line or face the consequences of getting shut down by the government or worse. In order to better understand what they are being told within Russia, does it not make sense to have that message available to make your own decision about what might be happening? Multiple news sources are always good to study complicated situations, and if you don't want to listen to something unpleasant, there is always a channel changer or an off switch.

Russian state media, such as RT, are still making money off various platforms unless carriage is ended. From CNN:
Big tech companies are clamping down on Russian state media outlets by cutting off their ad revenue during the ongoing crisis in Ukraine. Google is the latest platform to ban the outlets from running ads on their content, following similar decisions by YouTube and Meta in recent days.

Burning books is not the answer (analogy).

If DISH quit carrying all stations which had a political bias, we wouldn't have much left to watch. Use your brain and decide for yourself what to believe or not.

Putin is a bully trying to carve out a spot for himself in the history books. If his own people don't take him down, they deserve what they get from him.

Reactions: reddice and SamCdbs
I dont see why it matters?....Its been on for years and now someone gets upset?...I would of been all for it years ago...but now, just a day late dollar short ?

Reactions: Ed McGuire
I dont see why it matters?....Its been on for years and now someone gets upset?...I would of been all for it years ago...but now, just a day late dollar short ?
Well, technically a nation went 19th century geopolitical on Ukraine, so that might be why "it matters" "now". My main concern is how will losing that channel affect bluegras.

Well, technically a nation went 19th century geopolitical on Ukraine, so that might be why "it matters" "now". My main concern is how will losing that channel affect bluegras.
Nothing is any different to day as in any other....Its a pattern....Now in your face more, sure....But hey when he jailed his opponents it didnt matter? Took over Georgia it didnt matter? Crimea?Poisoned his people abroad it didnt matter? Russia has never been a friend of the world, just tries to see what they or he can get away with.....Now crocodile tears?...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)