Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jan 1, 2010
West
Enigma 2 of 28.02.2012

Kernel of Sun Feb 19 22:34:11 CET 2012 mip

Drivers of 17.02.2012

What is new in RTi Core v1.7.0:

- Fixed HDMI , added new way of controling A/V output.

- Added blindscan for Premium+ and Ultra ( Menu -> Setup -> Service Searching -> Manual Scan -> Type of scan: Move <- or -> to Blindscan )

- Fixed Teletext

- Fixed lag on Premium+ and Ultra model

- Fixed .mp4 playback with .srt files

- Fixed seg. fault messages on .avi files

- Added support for 3G USB Modems (You can enter own parameters to establish connection) (Menu-> Setup -> System -> [3G Set])

- Fixed timeshift and recording

- Fixed playback of recorded files

- Improved playback over network trough NFS, CIFS and UPnP

This image is designed for Elite, Premium, Premium+ and Ultra

Download:

Just wanted to share with forum members what I have learned about the Enigma 2 firmware development for the AZbox.

Enigma 2 is proprietary firmware developed by Dream Multimedia and it is not licensed for AZbox or any other competitors receiver. Enigma releases for the AZbox are provided by hackers and Dream is taking legal action against the illegal distribution of their firmware.

Just wanted to share with forum members what I have learned about the Enigma 2 firmware development for the AZbox.

Enigma 2 is proprietary firmware developed by Dream Multimedia and it is not licensed for AZbox or any other competitors receiver. Enigma releases for the AZbox are provided by hackers and Dream is taking legal action against the illegal distribution of their firmware.

That is correct and no legitimate dealer is allowed to sell any AzBox units with this third party firmware installed. I know there hasn't been any new versions of the original factory firmware lately as we are busy with development on the ME but we will soon be releasing new versions of the original factory firmware in order to fix outstanding bugs on our existing Elite, Premium, Ultra and Premium Plus receivers.

How is the USALS working with this release??

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Brian,
You are a well respected forum member and I personally appreciate and own products from your company however given the impending release of your MicroHD receiver, the timing of your post above would seem to be self serving. Anyone remotely familiar with E2 for AZbox is fully aware that it is being done by "hackers" and highly likely to be with the assistance of Opensat behind the scenes. There are "hackers" involved with endless electronic devices from cellphones to STB however to create uneccessary fear to a Satelliteguys member who chooses to install E2 for their AZbox is completely unwarranted, particularly from a site sponsor who is soon to be selling a competing product. There have been multiple threads on E2 on this and other forums and if you genuinely want to speak your opinion, go for it. I do not condone any of the third party apps for theft of service using E2 or any satellite receiver for that matter however if you have opinions on the topic, at least have the courtesy to start your own thread.

Brian,
You are a well respected forum member and I personally appreciate and own products from your company however given the impending release of your MicroHD receiver, the timing of your post above would seem to be self serving. Anyone remotely familiar with E2 for AZbox is fully aware that it is being done by "hackers" and highly likely to be with the assistance of Opensat behind the scenes. There are "hackers" involved with endless electronic devices from cellphones to STB however to create uneccessary fear to a Satelliteguys member who chooses to install E2 for their AZbox is completely unwarranted, particularly from a site sponsor who is soon to be selling a competing product. There have been multiple threads on E2 on this and other forums and if you genuinely want to speak your opinion, go for it. I do not condone any of the third party apps for theft of service using E2 or any satellite receiver for that matter however if you have opinions on the topic, at least have the courtesy to start your own thread.

Totally Agreed

I don't agree, I believe Pwrsurge is an authorized Azbox Retailer and he has confirmed what Brian has said.

The code is not by Azbox, it is stolen code from Dream. AZbox is saying not to load it and Dream don't want you to load it since it is from their code.

Users should be made aware that by loading this software on their AZbox may (will) void their AZbox warranty.

With that said, if you want to load it the be my guest but just be warned in case you brick your box.

Brian,

I am sorry that you have mistaken my post to be anti AZbox or self promoting. This was not my intent and certainly does not fit my MO in the many years as a member and a sponsor. I enjoy participating and take pride on assisting on this forum and not pushing our products in my posts. I did not mean to hijack a thread and ask that a moderator make a new thread if necessary. AZbox fills a great niche in the hobbyist market! My post is only about the Enigma firmware and the potential litigation pending over the use and distribution of this intellectual property.

I did not learn until this week during a discussion with Dream Multimedia that Enigma was proprietary firmware developed by Dream Multimedia and it was not licensed to any other set top. This subject had never been discussed here and I thought other members would be interested in what I just learned.

If you want to learn more, visit the Dream Multimedia website at DM7020 HD available | dream-multimedia-tv.de

I find Scott's pot interesting and incorrect. The actual code in Enigma is open source so could not have been stolen from Dream! The original software used by Dreambox was developed by the Tuxbox project. What was in question was the use of the "Enigma" trademark. Indeed when Dream sued Satco distributers of Vu+Duo HD receivers, they objected to the display of "Enigma2" during start-up of the machine and the marketing of the machine as an "Enigma2". The software was modified from version 5.8f of VU+Duo nothing else changed. As at present, majority of linux based receivers run Enigma software and there are several dozens of such images which are in use for the past 10 years at least and Dreambox has done nothing about it. Their problem is that they are fast losing thier market share because they restrict production and therefore keeping the prices artificially high. Imagine buying a receiver for $1,400 (Dreambox 8000 HD) while you can get Vu+duo HD also German made (twin S2 tuners) with similar features at $400 and running exactly the same firmware except for the name "Enigma2" Please read for further info. Dreambox - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Mr3p.. can u attach the USA satellites file for Enigma?

I don't agree, I believe Pwrsurge is an authorized Azbox Retailer and he has confirmed what Brian has said.

The code is not by Azbox, it is stolen code from Dream. AZbox is saying not to load it and Dream don't want you to load it since it is from their code.

Users should be made aware that by loading this software on their AZbox may (will) void their AZbox warranty.

With that said, if you want to load it the be my guest but just be warned in case you brick your box.

Scott,
I think Valasante responded to the discussion regarding the history of E2. If one feels morally compelled not to load the version created by RTI on their AZbox that's a personal decision which I respect. As this is your site, I fully respect your decision on the topic however I don't believe discussion about loading RTI E2 on an AZbox which I own and is not being used for any theft of service should be an issue. The topic of bricking an AZBox has been discussed in multiple threads on this forum with the recovery tools made available. The chances of permantly killing your AZBox by loading E2 are not greater than by loading factory firmware although I would agree the installation process is different than what most are used to. While I can't speak for this latest version, the feature set of E2 is far better than the OFW and from the end users perspective, particularly for the hobbiest on an AZBox forum the negativity is perplexing.

Honestly my feeling on it is if you want to load it on your box then go ahead, just be warned that IF something happens don't expect AZbox to fix your box for you. :)

I completely agree, but that's what this forum is for ;)

Honestly my feeling on it is if you want to load it on your box then go ahead, just be warned that IF something happens don't expect AZbox to fix your box for you. :)

Loading enigma2 can be done by a 5yr old.. extremely simple dont be scared Scott :)

Yes with NA satellites please

There are probably new ones but here is a NA satellite.xml file.

Attachments

• satellite.xml.zip
    8 KB · Views: 241

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)