RTPI on KJ AMC 4

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

martelo

Original poster
Apr 19, 2009
kingston ontario
Well I hit amc 4... but all i seem to get is 2 channels call TV English and TV Latino... Why cant I hit RPTI..

What settings should I be using on my reciever to get RTPI? Or do I have to change the rotate the lnb again?

Please help.. Im located in Ontario Canada.

You should post more information about your dish, LNB and receiver.

It sounds like you're getting a strong transponder (3ABN) on AMC4. You probably need to adjust your dish a bit to peak the signal quality.

You can manually enter the transponder information for RTPi. Just enter 12033 H 3003 into your receiver. Using the "Add TP" feature probably. You might have it already, but you could try adding it and seeing if you get any quality. If you get some quality, try pressing lightly on the 4 corners of the dish (one at a time) and see if the quality increases.

Make sure your LNB is in the proper placement in the holder as well!

Slide the LNBF as far from the dish as is possible in your holder :up

:welcome to The Satellite Guys martelo!

B~Man
ftabman0_avitar-cordoba.gif

Attachments

• invacom-qph-031-7.jpg
    invacom-qph-031-7.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 173
Last edited:
my good man i had to manually add the tp on my coolsat maybe you to ,also i get rtpi in northern Manitoba so you should have no problem.
good luck

my strenght signal is over 80 % and on most quality is mostly high all the time on almost all transponder settings... can you manually add a TP on captive? .....

Yes, you can add a transponder to the CW. Rather than manually adding the transponder try blind Scanning for new transponders. In the Antenna set-up screen, press the yellow button on the remote to start the Blind Scan.

Setting the LNBF to the correct rotation:
Standing in front of the dish, rotate the LNBF counter-clockwise (to the left) the LNBF fitting will be aimed towards the 5 o'clock position. Watch the Signal Quality reading and slowly rotate until the SQ is peaked.

Captiveworks blind scan is non-existent sadly ;)

Best to manually add it...its probably in there under the old spot of 12169 H 3003 but you need to change the frequency

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts