Winegard 33" lnb adapter?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

magnigyro

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 2, 2008
Hey friends I got 2 dishes gray color without legends, but the arm seems especial for circular lnbs:mad: I guess I must invent something for use with linear ones:rolleyes:

Anybody has experiencing with this dishes? Are functional? Results?

Thanks for your help...:)

Hey friends I got 2 dishes gray color without legends, but the arm seems especial for circular lnbs:mad: I guess I must invent something for use with linear ones:rolleyes:

Anybody has experiencing with this dishes? Are functional? Results?

Thanks for your help...:)

Magnigyro,

Can you dump a pix from your cell phone or camera?

Just thinking out loud, I am wondering if the LNBF fixture is simply missing from the support arm. Without seeing it, I cannot tell for sure.

AcWxRADAR

no there were 30" dishes with a "D" arm on them so you can slip a Dish network LNB into them. I've seen them before. There was also a model with a rectangle LNB slot (like what the old DirecTV LNB's were)

You can rig up something and make it work though

thank both....when istallation is ready...I post pics for your analysis.:)

Does it look like this?

Attachments

• Picture6%20031.jpg
    Picture6%20031.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 183
A while back, we used to carry SHARP brand LNBF that was standard linear KU with a D shape mounting base just like the picture here.

It was made for Starchoice I think about 6-7 years ago. No longer available.

Attachments

• IMG_7017.jpg
    IMG_7017.jpg
    137 KB · Views: 180
Go to your local Lowes, Home depot etc. and pick up a couple of electrical conduit hangers. They work great when building LNB brackets.

9207721.jpg

Go to your local Lowes, Home depot etc. and pick up a couple of electrical conduit hangers. They work great when building LNB brackets.

9207721.jpg

Thanks TRG, Yes, the nearest store is a Home Depot, electrical conduit hangers, eh?:) Great idea! :rolleyes:

- pix of Whitesprings on Phase III dish:
http://www.satelliteguys.us/free-ai...ofitting-phase-iii-ku-maybe-3.html#post883196
Scroll up and down a few messages to see more info on the use of the conduit hanger brackets.
They cost less than $1.00 USD at your local hardware store.

- How to locate a new LNB at the proper focus, when replacing it:
http://www.satelliteguys.us/free-ai...ert-superdish-true-fta-use-2.html#post1540313
Make sure you put the feedhorn of your new LNB at the proper place.
If you do not, the aiming and performance of the dish will be affected.

Exactly...that is it.... Need I buy some accesory to fit linear lnb?

If the dish skews you could plug a square LNBF like the Lava (ROC?) or something right in there. The bit that drops from the top of the D should tighten down on the top of the LNBF. It won't be quite as secure with just the bottom and the bit at the top holding it, but it shouldn't be too bad. You can add a washer or two as a shim if needed.

The conduit hangers are a great option for holding the LNBF by the neck. Leave a Dish Network D shaped LNBF in and lined up and make the conduit hangers fit the neck properly. Then just remove the Dish Network LNBF and clamp a linear in place.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)