rtpi scanning-no radio

Status
Please reply by conversation.

nigel_miguel

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jul 5, 2005
I get the channel on AMC4, i'm using a viewsat ultra, but I can't seem to scan the radio RDP, that comes along on the on the transponder (as per lyngsat), 12033 H3003 SR.

I did an auto scan.

Can anyone help?

thanks

the radio is on the 2nd audio pid...its not a separate channel in the listings

hit language/audio button on remote and scroll down to audio 2

i don't have a language/audio button... i have an audio button??

when I hit the audio button, it gives the following options:
stereo, mono, left and right.
Don't I hit the button that switches from tv listings to radio button? it has a little music note on the button.

your saying it's not in the music listings...

I dont have a Viewsat but on the Coolsat I select audio and it shows

< stereo >
< language1 >

if I go to the first line where it says stereo I can scroll between left, right and stereo. If I go down to where it says language 1 and scroll it says language 2 and has a different audio track.

Its not in the radio section. Its embedded in the TV side under language 2. A fair amount of ethnic channels do that. They put an audio track as a second audio pid.

nigel I tried that also, since I still have an Ultra-doesn't want to save the channel because of the low-SR but it did store it. I don't get anything on the radio list for rtp, 12 radio channels for that sat, and when I leave it on TV and tried the audio button, it is does give me an option for Audio 2, which seems to be a radio or music channel.
Mine took a minute to show anything on the Audio button's option list, sometimes this ultra does that. (sometimes on AC3 channels, sometimes on reg audio too)
So, leave it on TV and try the audio button again , you may find that audio2 listed.

Thanks turbo....I havent had a Viewsat since the original so I didnt know how it worked for that

i figured it out..

in the channel scan menu, under the tp 12033 H 3003 3/4, i hit F4 on the remote a video PID and Audio PID screen pops up. I changed the audio PID to 35 (as per lyngsat), and I now get the radio station on the radio station listings.

it works anyway!!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)