rtv channels on ses 2

Status
Please reply by conversation.

longwire42

Original poster
Feb 4, 2012
east
i'm having problems with the rtv channel on tp 3800 freezing. some freeze very quickly when i try to view channels, other channels may play a little longer. ony one else have this problem?:(

i'm having problems with the rtv channel on tp 3800 freezing . Anyone else have this problem?:(

I used to until I spent most of the summer making adjustments on the 8 Ft BUD until I hit the sweet spot. Once I found it I have been in business. This morning 3800 is 89% and 4080 is 76%. Of course RTV was making some adjustments at that time also and their signals got stronger. Adjusting is a time comsuming job, but once you get right it's well worth the time and effort.

i have my openbox s10 for about 4 days now and today about 1pm est, tp 4080 began showing signal and quality of 85%. i scanned tp and 31 rtv channels scanned in. before today i only had 10% quality. the channels worked good for about 4 hours and the freezing started.

Wow, I don't know what to tell you. What did the signal drop to when it started freezing? What size dish are you using? I don't know anything about the Openbox, so I can't help you there. 1pm is about he time I checked the signals to tell you what I was getting. I went back around 5pm, I didn't check the strength, but everything was fine.

This would be the first thing I'd check - dish alignment - You may be pointed at a corner of the satellites "operational box". Might be confirmed by watching the Q, over time, on this and other TP's on the satellite. These S2 signals really require it being "on the 'T'". The Openbox is not, in my opinion, the best for aiming, as the Q meter easily goes to 70. It takes a large increase in signal to make it go to 72. On some TP's, I see when adjusting, Q stays 70 through a lot of adjustment before it drops off. I count turns between some lower reading, ~65, to get it "centered" when "tweaking" with my S9. I'd try adjusting it when you notice the Q dropping.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)