RTV On AMC7

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Diamond Jim

SatelliteGuys Pro
Aug 18, 2004
The Boilermaker State (#19)
Would someone please be kind enough to check and see if they are getting the RTV stations on AMC7, 4160-29122-H*. Due to a major league storm I had to realign the BUD and I can not raise them. Was getting them fine before the storm. The AMC3 RTVs are coming in fine, so I am sure that I am pretty close to being on the money. Thanks~Jim

*Posted in the open area due to the fact that it is posted on SAT Hint.

DJ, I tried but got nothing. If they're S2, I couldn't get 'em anyway. Did find those 2 channels I scanned in a few days back, at 4092, one is Family TV, but very very weak. Like 40/40 on signal strength, only got that much by bumping the dish back to the east a tiny bit.
I've noticed this Icon box will sometimes display signal/strength numbers on a known S2 signal while its scanning-but it won't store them. Does that on DC2 channels too, lol.

I can't check decode since I don't have an S2 box but I do show a signal on that transponder active. It's possible that if you had very high winds the azimuth changed as the dish head moved. Normally a little twist will kill the low end of the arc but the high birds will still perform.

Last edited:
I searched around and found out those were S2 signals, so , no help, sorry. Those GCI channels are strong though, whew!

Brother Jim the last time I tried them they were so weak I couldn't raise them on the BV, I had to use the 12' Paraclipse to raise them. So you may be right on your alighnment not being quite right. I'd try the Alaska Mux on the same sat, lock that, and go from there.

Brother Jim the last time I tried them they were so weak I couldn't raise them

They were kind of weak here also, but they came in good enough to watch. Anyway, it doesn't matter know. I've got the dish so screwed up that I am not getting any S2s right now. I had the AMC 3s goming in at 66%, which was good, no tiling or anything, but what ever I did to get them caused me not to be able to get anything west of AMC1. I reset everything back to the origional setting and I am getting ready to start over. Very frustrating.

Thanks to all for your help.

StanleyJohn, at your location I would say no. I am in west central Indiana (IN/ILL stateline) and they are watchable on the 8 footer.

Is rtv on AMC7 doable with a 6 footer? Right now my limit is 135w but thinking of trying to extend my dish to get AMC7 if its worth it.

havent tried in a month but it was last time I tried it (mid to late May)

Its mainly the national feeds that are already on 87W

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)