RTVE and REVN Gone From 97W

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Wow, that´s really bad news. :(

Just a few days I was watching Murdoch on RTVE.

It has hurt when RTVE was gone first, then Ebru was gone, then AJE, then AJE again, and now RTVE again.

So, I guess this is final, ha?

It would be very difficult to have this Luken channels back in 97w

At least the channels are available FTA on other satellites. Always seemed strange that Luken duplicates channels and custom feeds for each market. Inefficiencies in distribution is a significant and unnecessary burden for a company that has repeated financial problems. Would make so much more sense to uplink generic time zone feeds, a syndicated blackout feed and do local insert at the downlink.

Evidently they either have deep pockets and don't mind burning through the cash monthly or don't wish to invest in long-term solutions. Signs that the company is likely building up the affiliate count for sale valuation.

Must of just went off the air today. They were there yesterday.

Correct, they were dark this morning when I checked (and still scanned in) and then just before I posted the REVN channel had a different channel on it, and then a scan confirmed the new channel name, and RTVE was gone.

Then all the various C band feeds will drop on July 1 and consolidate or remain on 83 W???

From what I heard Luken was using Ku band for those 2 channels as a special feed to one of their stations that no longer requires it now that they have installed C band equipment.

Actually since January 1st, 2016 Luken had stopped paying, end of contract with PIT. The teleport PIT kept the channels up there just as filler until a new user was found for the channel space. REV'N was replaced by a channel called EEE.

At least the channels are available FTA on other satellites. Always seemed strange that Luken duplicates channels and custom feeds for each market. Inefficiencies in distribution is a significant and unnecessary burden for a company that has repeated financial problems. Would make so much more sense to uplink generic time zone feeds, a syndicated blackout feed and do local insert at the downlink.

I've been gone for three years but my understanding is that the contracts require custom schedules for those stations, usually because the local spots were being trafficked at Luken. In one case, it was the desire to have a schedule that allowed for a prime time newscast.

- Trip

Understood why they would provide custom programming, but a very expensive distribution method or trying to fill an overbuy on satellite bandwidth.

Not my money to burn, but satellite distribution (multicast) $$$ break-even point over IP distribution occurs at approx. 18- 20 end-points. Satellite delivery excels when providing one-time event point-to-point or 24/7 multipoint distribution.

An IP solution for 24/7 point-to-point distribution of custom programming to a single endpoint would save thousands over a satellite solution.

Forgot to add.
my signal meter was not working so to go from 87W to 83W I just bumped the sat over to the left a bit and scanned. It this like twice and then received the
3804 V
tp 6
North America C
Pennsylvania Cable Network

I think it said pa cable network.
Tuned the dish from there and was good to go.

I moved over to 83W and found it a little stronger. See how it goes.
Thanks for the info.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)