rumor about HD on TWC

I posted this over at AVS also....

My local TW is fighting back quietly with a small ad in the sports section of today's paper. It reads:

How do you show your passion for the NFL ?

We do it in High Definition.

We know you love football -- which is why, as a Time Warner Cable customer, you'll enjoy a ton of NFL games this season, many available in High Definition. That includes your home-team games, whether played at home or away, as well as many other NFL games.​

I'm sure that ad is being run in TW markets across the country too.

hall said:
How do you show your passion for the NFL ?

We do it in High Definition.

Same ad is running in my paper. It states you will see all your Packer games home and away in HD. That is a lie because when they play the Vikings in November it is being broadcast on the NFL Network Since we do not have The NFL Network we will not be able to see it in High Def. (Sure one of the local stations will be able to simulcast the game but it won't be in High Def!)

GB4FAN92 said:
(Sure one of the local stations will be able to simulcast the game but it won't be in High Def!)
That's not TW's problem.... This is a nationwide ad, apparently, and they can't explain that certain stations aren't broadcasting in digital (or HD) yet. People who receive this same station via OTA have the same complaint as TW customers in your market.

GB4FAN92 said:
Same ad is running in my paper. It states you will see all your Packer games home and away in HD. That is a lie because when they play the Vikings in November it is being broadcast on the NFL Network Since we do not have The NFL Network we will not be able to see it in High Def. (Sure one of the local stations will be able to simulcast the game but it won't be in High Def!)

The home and away markets of an NFL Network game will be available on a local TV station. So if you live in Green Bay you will get the Packers game on a local TV station and if the game is in HDTV it will be offered in HDTV on the local station as long as the local station is HD ready of course. These are NFL rules and the games must be available in the home and away teams markets no matter what channel has the rights for them. Now the other seven games are an entire different story in that if you live in Green Bay you won't get any of those games unless you have NFL Network. Again the only exception is if your local team is playing and I doubt they would be playing in all 8 of those games.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts