Rumor Alert!

I am looking forward to Fuse HD, IFC HD, HLN HD and TruTV HD. I am wondering though why Dish Network or DirecTV haven't taken the iniative to add religious HD programming. I count a good 3 or 4 different religious channels in HD now, including TBN HD. TBN HD would probably be available to everybody and could bolster the HD count for them.

I am looking forward to Fuse HD, IFC HD, HLN HD and TruTV HD. I am wondering though why Dish Network or DirecTV haven't taken the iniative to add religious HD programming. I count a good 3 or 4 different religious channels in HD now, including TBN HD. TBN HD would probably be available to everybody and could bolster the HD count for them.

Sounds like you need TWC. In Western New York, they already have Fuse HD and IFC HD, and are adding HLN HD and TCM HD in August. It seems they are catching up on both D* & E* on their HD offerings.

Are you sure TBN is available HD because I recieve this channel in the digital domain with an antenna here locally and it appears to be digital standard definition? I admit I do not really watch that channel very much though, but I like that there are a total of five TBN branded channels being broadcast by them and I am an enjoyer and respecter of that type of programming. I would like to see religious broadcasts in HD. I enjoy the 700 Club in HD on ABC Family. One channel, well two, that I would really enjoy having is IFC, I saw it once in HD and it looked great, the other HD channel is Sundance, but I do not know if it is available.

Last edited:
1. QVC HD
2. BBC America HD
3. Investigation / Discovery HD

tumbleweed7.jpg

1999534203.jpg

Are you sure TBN is available HD because I recieve this channel in the digital domain with an antenna here locally and it appears to be digital standard definition?

TBN does have an HD channel in their mux on Galaxy 14, but they are still testing it.
There is an on-screen notice saying "HDTV under test. Coming in 2009". So you are correct. Your local signal is standard definition.

I'm hoping discovery is not as stingy as viacom and fox... HD only subs (turbo and absolute) have gotten all of the discovery channels thus far, here to hoping this will be a repeat. I still can't justify going to an SD package for more HD channels. The HD only package is why I signed up for dish over direct in the first place... but BBC America would be one of those channels that might push me over the top. (altough it would take adding G4HD, IFC HD, TCM HD, TruTV HD and {if after the Spectrum gets dropped to the ground satellite subs will be so blessed} CSN-Philly HD + BBC-A for me to give up Absolute)

I see a new mux on Galaxy 13 with four encrypted channels. They are labeled "BBC-A HD", "ID HD", "Future HD 3" and "Future HD 4". All channels are shown as H.264 running at 9.56 Mbps each.

One of the "future" channels will be OWN, but that won't be on until next year. I would bet that Military Channel HD is in the works, since the only other non-HD channels are Discovery Kids & Fit TV.

It's interesting that ID-HD was on NO ONE'S radar. Kudos to Discovery who are actually quietly launching stuff (and probably putting a good deal of actual HD on them, based on their other channels.) as opposed to Universal who announced HD channels YEARS ago and never delivered, or Viacom who seems content to allow DISH to sell their SD channels in HD packages.

One of the "future" channels will be OWN, but that won't be on until next year. I would bet that Military Channel HD is in the works, since the only other non-HD channels are Discovery Kids & Fit TV.....

There is what looks like another channel on the discovery channel homepage that I don't think exists as SD or HD... It's called Turbo. (wonder if Charlie had anything to do with the naming of that one...) The television area of the Turbo website (linked above) only mentions TLC and HD Theater for now; but they'd have enough content for an entirely new channel (between all the mecham auctions and car mod shows that they air).

E* turn it on tomorrow. So I know if I have to switch away from the absolute to get BBC-A HD. It is the 1 channel that will push me over to the edge to go to another package if it isn't in absolute.

E* turn it on tomorrow. So I know if I have to switch away from the absolute to get BBC-A HD. It is the 1 channel that will push me over to the edge to go to another package if it isn't in absolute.
One more time. BBCA does not flip the switch until Monday.

I read somewhere that in a really good hour (though not typical) QVC jewelry shows can make $1 million in sales an hour- someone must be watching.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)