Rumor -- Brevard System

Khandurian

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 6, 2004
Cocoa Beach Baby!
Well today was all but exciting. All the lousy rain we had was horrid... But alas, it did leave some time for me to hit the contacts and take em to lunch to try and find out what the newest hidden agenda is going to be going on.

This isn't of too big imporatance, but it just may make someone a good chunk of change in the next 4 months. It seems that theres a "new channel" or possibly, it may be an old channel, they wouldnt say, that there is an FCC regulation that demands this channel be passed through EVEN if the customer only has the basic tier.

For those of you fimiliar with the BHN system, they have of course several differnt tiers of cable services...

Basic --- 1 through 21 (in our area 10 and 11 are blocked)
Standard - 1 through 88
Digital -- 1 through 400? with a buttload of options that im not gonna list

So, what does this mean? To the standard and digital users, Possibly a new channel on the horizon. For the Basic users, a new channel.

It was mentioned that the switch out of the basic only traps MUST be switched out. I understand there is some lead way right now, like 3 or 4 months before end project due time. Which, of course they could save alot more money if they just issued this out to the regular techs and pay them.Thats ALOT of traps in our area. Projected 2,100 homes are basic only subscribers!!

I know from personal experience, I can switch out 40-50 traps a day. We went though this crap about 4 months ago because the old Basic traps were causing interference with those that had broadband attached to their basic service. That was a crap load of work, but the money was GREAT!!!!

I hope this one is true. I got my bid papers ready!!

Khandurian.....

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)