Rumor: Chuck - 13 Episode Renewal

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Cegarrett

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Feb 9, 2005
Shreveport, LA
Here's a Churck Renewal Rumor:

Source

Categorized | Broadcast TV, Featured
Rumored: “Chuck” Lives On With 13 Episode Renewal
Posted on 11 May 2010 by Robert Seidman

I’m not able to confirm it yet, but a source that has been very reliable in the past says Chuck has received a standard 13 episode pickup with an option for a back 9. Hardly a shocker if true, unless you were one of those definitively declaring it had zero chance for renewal. If that’s you, please wait for confirmation before going into hiding!

Update: again, my understanding of the deal is that it’s a standard 13+9 order (NBC has the option to order 9 more episodes, commonly referred to as a “back 9?) and that indicates Chuck would be on the fall schedule. Last year (for the current season). Chuck was announced as a mid-season show to begin with last May and there was no “back 9? attached. Later its air date was pushed up to early January and NBC ordered six additional episodes.

Here's another:

Source:Scoop: I spy a 'Chuck' pickup! | Ausiello | EW.com

Scoop: I spy a 'Chuck' pickup!
by Michael Ausiello
Categories: Chuck, News, Scoop
Image Credit: Jordin Althaus/NBCRather, my spies spy a Chuck pickup. And really, isn’t that better?

Multiple sources confirm that NBC is expected to do the right thing and renew the action comedy for a fourth season. Per one insider, the show has thus far figured into all of the network’s preliminary plans for its May 17 upfront presentation.

Although a 13-episode pickup is the most likely scenario, my moles suggest that there’s also chance the show could be given a full season order.

An NBC rep had no comment. Series creator Josh Schwartz, meanwhile, says not to believe the hype. Renewal? “That’s news to me,” he swears. “I would urge fans to take nothing for granted… and watch tonight’s all-new episode, guest-starring Doc Brown himself, Christopher Lloyd, and the return of Anna Wu (Julia Ling).”

Listen to the man. And NBC, listen to the fans.

I think it was hurt most by being a mid year show. Being in the start of the Fall season should help the ratings a lot.

I'd like to see the commitment for a full 22 episodes too. But will take 13 over the alternative of 0.

But the whole idea of the Buy More as a cover is getting kind of silly. They are going to need to make some changes.

Rumor Confirmed:

Chuck will be back in the fall.

Yes, Chuck is renewed and this time it’s officially official! The flow of information is kind of interesting. Apparently some of the money commitments (AKA: it was already a done deal) happen even before the cast/crew hear about it, and the news last night, while perhaps technically “leaked” was definitely “official.”

I’m not sure why Josh Schwartz didn’t get the official call until this morning. But either way, more Jeffster!

Source

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts