Rumor: first iPad 5 units to be manufactured in time for September launch

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I don't understand why Apple needs to release new iPads every year. There wasn't much difference between the 3 and the 4 to begin with other than a new connector and a CPU update.

I haven't spent enough time with any of 'em to have an opinion on weight & thickness.
But the screen resolution on the iPad 2 (nor the mini) isn't what I want for reading text.

I recently handled an iPad 3. Really fell in love with the high res screen!
Somewhat like moving from iPhone 3 to 4! :up You know it when you see it.

Looked up the difference between the two high res iPads (3 & 4).
Double the horsepower for about the same price?
That was enough for me! :)

So, what could iPad 5 have to make it attractive?
- faster processor
- lighter
- thinner
- (all above are suggested in the article)
- longer run time (not likely)
- better camera (don't iPhones carry better camera now?)

If Apple didn't bring out a new tablet every year, they would be criticized as being obsolete.
That's what their critics say about iPhones.
The tablet market is just too volitle.

They released the iPad 4 too soon after the 3 in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They released the iPad 4 too soon after the 3 in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe they released it to move away from the old connector type (economies of scale reason) rather than they felt a refresh was needed.

Also, it moves the release of new iPads (if annually done) closer to the holiday shopping season.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

I might move from my iPad 2 to the 4 or 5, depending on what the 5 has to offer. I'll also be looking into the iPhone 5S, as I never felt that the 5 was a big enough upgrade from the 4S. There is also talks of a 5-inch iPhone 6, which also might be waterproof. So not sure yet what I'm going to do.

I believe the reason they released the iPad 4 so soon (other than the doc connector update) was that the iPad 3 GPU was underpowered for Retina. That ended up making the iPad 2 a better performer than the iPad 3.

As for the iPad 2 resolution, of course, compared to Retina it's half the PPI, but at almost 132 PPI it's nothing to sneeze at. Some computer monitors are as low as 86 PPI, still perfectly legible.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)