RUMOR: iPhone 4.0 to include Multitasking

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I hope its true, that is one of the two reasons why I jailbreak my iPhone. (I like listening to Slacker or Sirius XM while reading mail and surfing the web.) and the other is so I can watch Sling anywhere on my phone.

Blackra1n and cydia for my iphone and ipod touch...i have a video camera and backgrounder (multitasking is sweet). Unfortunately its a tethered jailbreak for my itouch with the new boot rom.

Who says iphone can't multitask?

I saw the commercial-- ATT says you can surf the web and make a phone call at the same time.

Now learn to talk and chew gum at the same time too; and, hey navy, you're multitasking! :D

Who says iphone can't multitask?

I saw the commercial-- ATT says you can surf the web and make a phone call at the same time.

Now learn to talk and chew gum at the same time too; and, hey navy, you're multitasking! :D

Of course if you do whats in the ads then chances are AT&T is probably classifying you as a network abuser.

They want you to buy the product and subscribe to their network, not actually use it. :)

I'm sure it will be out soon, since I just moved up to the 3GS. :(

The older phones still got the 3.0 software upgrade. I don't see why this should be any different.

Of course, with battery life already abysmal on these things, I can't imagine what they'd be like with multitasking going on.

Of course if you do whats in the ads then chances are AT&T is probably classifying you as a network abuser.

They want you to buy the product and subscribe to their network, not actually use it. :)

Scott, I'd rather be a Network abuser than a terrorist. Isn't that what Steve Jobs said you are because you jail broke your iphone? :D

Hey you know why Apple isn't going after jail breakers anymore don't you? It's because the copyright office said it is "business model", not IP theft. So, at best all they can do is call you a bunch of terrorists.

WARNING WARNING WARNING WILL SMITH only the IPHONE3G and 3GS will be able to upgrade to 4.0--------This will make the IPHONE the best portable gaming device around.

Theoretically the Tablet is going to be running OS 4.0, it will need multiasking to be even remotely useful. Therefore it stands to reason that the iPhone will as well since they will be running the same OS. Since I'm not a jailbreaker, I'm eagerly awaiting Wednesday.

The problem of course will be if phones before 3GS have the CPU to multitask? Perhaps that is why they have waited so long so the non 3GS people will be near the end of their contract and will be able to upgrade.

The problem of course will be if phones before 3GS have the CPU to multitask? Perhaps that is why they have waited so long so the non 3GS people will be near the end of their contract and will be able to upgrade.

I know a number of 3g users who think that their phones multitask just fine after multitasking. I am not sure about anything before that. But I think it is safe to say that at least those phones (and that is supposedly the dividing line for the new OS) have been limited by their OS and not by their phone.

Theoretically the Tablet is going to be running OS 4.0, it will need multiasking to be even remotely useful. Therefore it stands to reason that the iPhone will as well since they will be running the same OS. Since I'm not a jailbreaker, I'm eagerly awaiting Wednesday.

Theoretically? or wishful thinking for something we no little about today?
Bottom line is Apple keeps secrets better than the US Military! We will all know later this week.

I'm in the process of prepping our family to own a tablet IF it can do the following: Have wifi for connection to my household LAN. Have tethering for on the road internet connection without incurring an additional cell phone data charge.

Have the capability of replacing our local newspaper subscription ( I don't read it but my wife insists on it so she would be game to replace the subscription but not lose it ) Reading the tablet on line newspaper would suit her fine, so she says. I could drop[ that annual subscription and save $275 a year.

The tablet would be more her device than mine but we could both use it.

I don't care what OS it uses, more interested in what services it can provide and what costs it will replace so it will pay for itself.

I won't get a tablet if it requires it's own data plan through AT&T or any other cell provider.

I don't mind Apple making money off a device I buy from Apple, but I don't like the idea of buying something from Apple and they require I take on an obligation to a completely different company. This is what they did with the iphone.

The 3GS has plenty of cpu to multitask.
My fiance has a new 3gs, and an old 2g original iphone. I have jailbroken the 2g and installed backgrounder on it, and it works just fine multitasking. If the 2g can do it, the 3gs certainly can

my iphone 3G multitasked just fine using "backgrounder". I could listen to pandora radio, check mail, etc at the same time or surf the web.

no issues what so ever after the blackrain rc3 jailbreak and cydia install.
so yes it apprearantly has the cpu capability to support multitasking. its just apples way of stretching out their dollar by allowing us to get a little more at a time out of the iphone with constant upgrading.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)