Nashville 2/15
Columbus 4/1
Houston 11/1
West Palm 2/15
Salt Lake 4/1
Tampa 11/1
Birmingham 2/15
Fresno 4/1

me thinks they need to launch the satellite b4 they should set a schedule!!!!

phila 2006?

Hey, it says philadelphia 11/1/06 do you mean 11/1/05 because thats more then a year away and philadelphia was one of the top 12 markets. HD locals i thought were going live this year.

austen0316 said:
Hey, it says philadelphia 11/1/06 do you mean 11/1/05 because thats more then a year away and philadelphia was one of the top 12 markets. HD locals i thought were going live this year.

I think he was being sarcastic

BTW I reported in our Pub Area a few weeks ago that Detroit would be the test area for DirecTV Locals in HD. :)

Glad to see I was correct again. :D

Being a pub member has its perks. :D

I have a few additions to that list

TNT HD, 2/31/2009
Starz HD, 2/31/2020..........

I would also REALLY love to know why Phoenix is 4/1, instead of 2/15 Phoenix DMA is 14, and you've got Charlotte which is DMA 27 going on at 2/15

How many markets will they have in the end? I only see 35, not counting the test market? It seems they have much more capacity than that.

Here's another rumor:

Voom 10 - 5/1/When hell freezes over

InHD - 6/1/When Gas is 50 cents a gallon

Someone mentioned a lower DMA coming online before a higher one..DMA rank isn't the only consideration. Stuff like retransmission consent, a local POP, DBS penetration, etc also come into consideration. Some cities have high cable rates (Philly or Pittsburg come to mind I think) due to a cable-only RSN or something like that so that DMA would be less attractive compared to a city with a normal cable vs. DBS setup

Boy, am I getting antsy now. Still wondering:

1) What NY will get at launch
2) HD-Tivo swapout scenarios...

Dallas' date makes sense to me. I just moved and had my dish and antenna mounted by the Mover's Connection. The installer said they were told to be ready to swap out dishes and receivers in Nov and Dec. So if Spaceway 2 goes up in late October and they get it online with no problems, all this should come to light. BUT--I will be more excited about more HD Nationals than HD Locals!!! I get the locals off my antenna just fine right now, but really want TNT-HD and MORE!!!!!!

I am partially excited. If NY locals are MPEG4 with improved video quality, and include PBS, UPN, and WB then I will not feel as if I am really missing anything. The PQ on the current national channels has to improve though. Paying $10 a month for an unwatchable Discovery HD and Univeral channels, with varying quality among the others is not good enough. Starz and Cinemax HD should be added soon as well.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts