Rumor: New upgrade deal for existing customers

sblasl

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 14, 2003
West Creek, CO
I just got off the phone with DISH and the CSR alluded that with the end of the current rebate program for existing customers who want to upgrade to the VIP622 for $199.00, a new promotion could begin tomorrow that will only be $149.00 upfront but the rebate would not be as significant if any.:what

it's not a rumor

the details were released to retailers at the last retailer chat

$149 upfront
-$50 dish'n it up credit
-$100 HD Bonus Credit ($10 over 10 months)

Any information about return of 942 DVR reveiver? Are they going to credit $100? I just reschedule my instalation appointment for vip622 and hope that I will be able to get new offer, but there is no any info about $100 credit for return of 942.
Thank you so much for your help.

Still only one upgrade? Reason I asked is I upgraded to one already and really want to add a 2nd one without having to pay 500 bucks to buy one.

Just ordered.

I just upgraded to the DishDVR Advantage with the 622 and top200 w/locals. I had a 149.99 upfront cost but I'll be getting a $200 rebate form. Also the cost is 42.99 plus 20 and then 5 or 6 for locals. He quoted me a price of 67.99 a month.

it's not a rumor

the details were released to retailers at the last retailer chat

$149 upfront
-$50 dish'n it up credit
-$100 HD Bonus Credit ($10 over 10 months)

BFG, is the $100 HD credit only for new HD customers or for existing HD customers, too? I have had DishHD for a couple years but I would love to upgrade my 211 and 311 to a 622.

crainbo said:
I just upgraded to the DishDVR Advantage with the 622 and top200 w/locals. I had a 149.99 upfront cost but I'll be getting a $200 rebate form. Also the cost is 42.99 plus 20 and then 5 or 6 for locals. He quoted me a price of 67.99 a month.

How did you get a $200 rebate when you only paid $149? You're making $50 on that deal.

Edit: I just went through the DishBuilder to see what prices for new customers would be and with the 622 it had receiver costs of 11.98. Is this right? That sounds like an HD receiver fee plus a DVR fee. If you plug in a phone line does it get rid of the DVR fee?

Last edited:
Nevermind then. I'm not going to pay $100 to upgrade to a DVR. Maybe one day I can get one for free. Maybe I'll cancel and let my wife sign up.

Here is what they told me regarding me not being able to upgrade because of only one upgrade a year.

Mr. XXXXXX,

I am sorry how you feel about Dish offer towards new
subscribers. All providers, not just Dish Network, must be competitive
within the market and offer the best deals possible to their potential
consumers. Dish does care about our existing customer base; in turn
Dish has new offers for existing customers with added rebates and
exceptions. At this time I would implore you to call customer service
at, 1-800-333-3474, for criterion concerning your personal account.
Thanks for your time.

Frank XXXXX
Executive Communications
Echostar Satellite LLC.
dba Dish Network
(720) XXX-XXXX
Email: frank.XXXXXXXX@echostar.com

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)