Rumor NO MORE!, SpeedHD, FX HD & More THIS WEEK! (NOW LIVE)

Any idea if the "more" may be having FoxNews HD turned on for Turbo HD subscribers? It was said that they would be available in 4-6 weeks, but that was 8 weeks ago. :(

I thought I did when I signed up for Turbo Gold;

Either way, I will stick with HD only for now... Even if it means losing my girl friend over E!... I am now stuck with my principles...
Looks like you chose the wrong package to upgrade (to)! :D

So, if you like Logo, it's ok to call the other channels crap? But if you don't want Logo (or don't care, like me), you're a homophobe?

Double standard much?

No, I would say it was his phrasing; 'some "alternative lifestyle" channel' sounds quite derogatory to me. I don't personally care about Logo either way.

No, I would say it was his phrasing; 'some "alternative lifestyle" channel' sounds quite derogatory to me. I don't personally care about Logo either way.
It was his phrasing. I probably won't watch Logo and I definetely won't watch Speed, but I didn't feel the need to rain on anyone else's parade.

Yeah, the phrasing needed work, but I'm tired of those wanting Logo calling other channels crap, then throwing out the "homophobe" label when that sentiment is returned. I shouldn't have quoted you, necessarily, as this is happening in any thread where the channels are being discussed.

Personally, if Logo has something I like on, I'll watch it. I'm not real familiar with the channel. If not, then I'll just skip that channel like I do some others on my dish. Doesn't make me a homophobe, it just means that the channel bores me. I'm just hoping that it's not another channel with a bunch of vapid reality crap.

Scott - hearing any buzz if FX and Speed are going to be coming to Turbo HD only (or not)?

Any idea if the "more" may be having FoxNews HD turned on for Turbo HD subscribers? It was said that they would be available in 4-6 weeks, but that was 8 weeks ago. :(

Any info about these new HD channels and/or changes to TurboHD? Dish Network really needs to step up to the plate and get all the new HD channels into their TurboHD pakcages!!!

Now there is a good question. As a Turbo Sub, I hope they add FX to Silver (dont expect it on Bronze). I'd upgrade as soon as it hit. Come on Dish, do something right for once.

When will the HD RSN's go full time?
I second the question.

But IMO RSN don't have to be 100% full time, BUT if a RSN has a sporting event that is being broadcast in HD then it needs to be on the HD channel. Right now Dish Network is making sporting event coverage far too hit or miss on their RSN HD channels -- at least that is my experience with Cards baseball games on Fox Sports Midwest HD.

I believe there were different people here -

One called the channels crap

Another called the "alternative lifestyle" guy a homophobe.

Personally, i think the phrasing of the "alternative lifestyle" guy is more offensive.

If he were to criticize someone for wanting a channel catering to Blacks or Jews, he'd be banned (or reprimanded), but gays seem to be fair game.

But back to the subject at hand, there are just so many channels out there I could care less about which is fine, that's what favorite lists are for, but I do think that all groups deserve some kind of representation with the channel packages - especially with such a large number of offerings out there. One persons enjoyment is another's filter.

Yeah, the phrasing needed work, but I'm tired of those wanting Logo calling other channels crap, then throwing out the "homophobe" label when that sentiment is returned. I shouldn't have quoted you, necessarily, as this is happening in any thread where the channels are being discussed.

Personally, if Logo has something I like on, I'll watch it. I'm not real familiar with the channel. If not, then I'll just skip that channel like I do some others on my dish. Doesn't make me a homophobe, it just means that the channel bores me. I'm just hoping that it's not another channel with a bunch of vapid reality crap.