Rumor NO MORE!, SpeedHD, FX HD & More THIS WEEK! (NOW LIVE)

People who don't know much about NASCAR always say that same comment about cars going around in circles.

There is a lot of strategy involved in the races and just like any sport, it is more fun to watch if you know something about the drivers, crews, owners, engines, tracks, history of the sport, etc...

I am just saying. I do not understand the fascination with watching cars go around an oval hours at a time in pretty much the same position. Hey, but that is just me. I do realize it is popular, I just do not understand why. Glad to see the Dish motor sports fans are finally getting a channel that they enjoy.

Dodger ... I agree! Can't understand why anybody would want to watch cars going around an oval as well. But everybody has different likes. I love watching golf in HD but I am sure many feel it is really boring. I guess it's different likes for different people!

The fascination isn't in watching the CARS go around and around the track, it is the DRIVERS that make it interesting. Oval racing has one thing that other forms of racing do not have, constant side by side racing. Drivers with a history with each other might be racing door to door for many miles and if there is an incident, you can be sure that these same two drivers will 'find' each other again on the racetrack.

Nothing against F1 or IndyCar but sometimes racers never even see each other during a race and the opportunity for door to door racing is very limited in comparison to Nascar and/or oval racing.

I too found Nascar boring until I became knowledgeable about the drivers themselves and their history with other drivers, that is what makes Nascar popular, in my opinion.

The fascination isn't in watching the CARS go around and around the track, it is the DRIVERS that make it interesting. Oval racing has one thing that other forms of racing do not have, constant side by side racing. Drivers with a history with each other might be racing door to door for many miles and if there is an incident, you can be sure that these same two drivers will 'find' each other again on the racetrack.

Nothing against F1 or IndyCar but sometimes racers never even see each other during a race and the opportunity for door to door racing is very limited in comparison to Nascar and/or oval racing.

I too found Nascar boring until I became knowledgeable about the drivers themselves and their history with other drivers, that is what makes Nascar popular, in my opinion.

Sorry to go OT..you're kidding about IndyCar, right? Some of the closest finishes in racing history have been in IndyCar. Granted the road courses are like parade's, but on the ovals like Indy, Texas and Chicago there is a ton of back and forth side-by-side racing. Try the "rubbin is racin'" crap that NASCAR likes to pull in an IndyCar and see how quick you end up in the catch fence.

/RANT.

I too am looking forward to Speed HD..basically for the F1 stuff.

The beauty these days is that there are so many options. Any time E* or any provider expands options, it expands the customer base it will appeal to. More customers means more money, more money means more opportunity for more options, etc. So while I watch a lot of Speed, many do not. I never watch Bravo, but I realize many do. I'd never say E* should dump Bravo and put Speed up instead. E* should provide both, because, in the long run, it means more options for all of us. Same goes for D*, Cable, Uverse, FIOS, etc.

You guys had me going for awhile. :(
Guess it's time for another email to Dish, I just like to let them know that Speed in HD is important to me, but hey until then I have WFN and the Tennis channel. :sleeo

Maybe next week.

ETA: There are things I really enjoy doing: hiking, skiing, mountain biking, riding (motorcycles), golfing, ex, but that does not necessarily mean I enjoy watching these things on TV. Me, an avid hiker, could not think of anything more boring on TV than watching a "hiking competition"
Like Baseball,??? Yea thats not boring to watch.:p

I got a feeling that SpeedHD will be launched tomorrow. Not too crazy about FXHD but it would be nice to have it also.

Off Topic:

I find it kind of funny because back in 2003, I had only four HD channels
HDNet, HDNet Movies, Discovery HD Theater and HBO HD.
And now we have over 100 HD channels.

I like Nascar over F-1 or Indy Racing because F1 and Indy cars are so fragile, you touch anything and you lose your suspension and you're out - NASCAR cars bump push crash and spin and keep on going and going and going.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts