(RUMOR) This weeks new DISH HD Launches are...

Now I am ready for La Copa Mundial de la Fifa :D Goodbye Marcelo Balboa and Dave O'Brien, the baseball dude - I won't miss you at all!
Granted, Adrian Healy and the British guy will be HUGE improvements this time around.

I agree about Balboa and O'Brien (what every happened to him?).

Healy isn't bad but I really like Derek Rae and the two British guys (Tyler and Dark(e)) are very accomplished. Only time will tell whether or not US audiences will appreciate their style, however.

Every time I turn on RFD HD on C-Band it isnt in HD...but they dont do stretch-o-vision either ;)

Yea, I was afraid of that.

When I watch newer episodes of shows like Ryan Gingerich and Best of America.... they have the bars top and bottom as well as left and right so I thought they might have been shot in HD and shown that way on RFD-HD. But considering what some other "HD" stations (e.g. TCM-HD, TruTV-HD) are doing, I'm not surprised. I think RFD implied (or stated) that they were launching the HD channel mainly for theater-type shows and concerts.

Regardless if it was said already, no ESPNU in HD is a crock of crap!!!! I give them till late summer before I start raising more hell and maybe even switch or whatever. CFB season starts back up in August and it needs to be a ESPNU in HD by then!! I'd also like to see AMC in HD! :up

I would love to have DIY in HD on Direct. The problem with DIY is, since it is pretty much the classic version of HGTV, few of the programs will be in HD (although they may be labeled as HD in the guide). And like HGTV, they stretch their HD programming. This means most of the programs will be in stretch-o-vision. I would much rather watch the blurrier SD in its proper format than stretched upconverted SD disguised as HD.

Regardless if it was said already, no ESPNU in HD is a crock of crap!!!! I give them till late summer before I start raising more hell and maybe even switch or whatever. CFB season starts back up in August and it needs to be a ESPNU in HD by then!! I'd also like to see AMC in HD! :up

No use in waiting if you are going somewhere else. These two channels will not be on DISH for a LONG LONG time. Pending lawsuit outcomes.....

I would love to have DIY in HD on Direct. The problem with DIY is, since it is pretty much the classic version of HGTV, few of the programs will be in HD (although they may be labeled as HD in the guide). And like HGTV, they stretch their HD programming. This means most of the programs will be in stretch-o-vision. I would much rather watch the blurrier SD in its proper format than stretched upconverted SD disguised as HD.

It's also like History and History International; same shows, different day. I mean, that's what I have a DVR for (not that I begrudge anyone who was dying for HistI-HD their channel :) ).

It's also like History and History International; same shows, different day. I mean, that's what I have a DVR for (not that I begrudge anyone who was dying for HistI-HD their channel :) ).
And they too stretch their SD programming on their HD channel. This annoys the hell out of me. It is the only reason why I have both the SD and HD versions of these channels saved in my guide.

i cannot wait until RFDtvHD or Outdoor ChannelHD will be finally launched on dish network

I'd like RFD-HD a lot as well (assuming they eventually show real HD) but, as everyone will tell you, it's not outside the realm of possibility that it never launches. The channel is in testing which could mean Dish is merely toying with the idea of adding it.

I would be happy to get guide info for my local CW off my antenna in Springfield Mo. Our local CW was moved to a different bandwidth so we can get it in HD, but no info in guide yet from E.

Might as well swtich now and avoid the rush, you wont see ESPN HD or AMC HD on Dish anytime soon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)