Rumor: Two New iPhones, One for Verizon

Yep. Saw this on the scroll on Fox this morning.

It's funny. Wasn't about 2 months ago that Apple said they were completely happy with AT&T and the direction they were going with expanding 3G?

Fascinating- but worthy of some profits in the stocks. :)

Update 3: Verizon's apparently requiring handsets to have dual-banded CDMA powers as well for the first few years of LTE

Wouldn't it be cool for iphone to be the first LTE cellphone for Verizon?

It will be interesting to see if this comes out. If it does I wonder if there will be complaints on VZ's 3G service?

i like my droid phone but i think i might have to look at the iphone once it gets to vzw. but as it stands right now the droid is the best phone i have ever had.

There is all sorts of speculation on this in the press right now. It may not even be for the US market. China Telecom and some other Asian providers may be the target. I bet it depends on how much AT&T is willing to pay for the iPhone exclusivity in the long run. I do think VZ will get the phone eventually.

All sorts of analysts are making predictions on it. Some say AT&T would not lose subs, but instead would just grow at a slower rate. Mainly because the bulk of iPhone users are in 2 year contracts and by the time they get out AT&T's network will be all upgraded.

Mike- I think the bulk of iphone contracts are ongoing ( as in laddered), not to be continued for another two years. Only those people who just renewed with that requirement plus new customer base would be in that 2 year from now wait.

As a Verizon user, I don't think the switch to Verizon will be as happy as many believe, only because they do not travel. The real advantage of Verizon is if you are traveling all over the country. Even around the world, Verizon as ways to keep your business. While I'm not worried when LTE hits, I do worry about the 3G service becoming over taxed with an influx of iphone business. Currently I find my 3G service adequately fast to do Sling and track about 50 stocks and poll my POP e-mail accounts without problems. If Iphone hits I may see that service get throttled back.

Most of the analysts seem to agree now that AT&T's exclusive contract runs until at least the end of the year. While no one knows for sure, but most speculate the new CDMA one is going to asia first.

I would have guessed it would run out mid year so as to have a whole year number in the term of the contract. Was it June or July that the first exclusive began?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts