Run All Night (2015)

TNGTony

Unashamed Bengal Fan
Original poster
Sep 7, 2003
Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
[CONTAINER][MOVIE1]Title: Run All Night

Tagline: No sin goes unpunished

Genre: [GENRE]Action[/GENRE], [GENRE]Crime[/GENRE], [GENRE]Drama[/GENRE], [GENRE]Mystery[/GENRE], [GENRE]Thriller[/GENRE]

Director: [DIRECTOR]Jaume Collet-Serra[/DIRECTOR]

Cast: [ACTOR]Liam Neeson[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Joel Kinnaman[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Génesis Rodríguez[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Ed Harris[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Vincent D'Onofrio[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Common[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Boyd Holbrook[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Holt McCallany[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]James Martinez[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]John Cenatiempo[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Beau Knapp[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Bruce McGill[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Malcolm Goodwin[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Patricia Kalember[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Radivoje Bukvi?[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Daniel Stewart Sherman[/ACTOR]

Release Date: [RELEASE]2015-03-13[/RELEASE]

Runtime: [RUNTIME]114[/RUNTIME]

Plot: [PLOT]Brooklyn mobster and prolific hit man Jimmy Conlon, once known as The Gravedigger, has seen better days. Longtime best friend of mob boss. Jimmy, now 55, is haunted by the sins of his past—as well as a dogged police detective who’s been one step behind Jimmy for 30 years. But when Jimmy’s estranged son, becomes a target, Jimmy must make a choice between the crime family he chose and the real family he abandoned long ago. Now, with nowhere safe to turn, Jimmy just has one night to figure out exactly where his loyalties lie and to see if he can finally make things right.[/PLOT][/MOVIE1][POSTER1]
m2M8MZ2byxhgAxclc9DCeHVFNXl.jpg
[/POSTER1][/CONTAINER]

Let's see if I can give a proper synopsis of "Run All Night", a movie starring Liam Neeson and Ed Harris.
1) Liam Neeson is a burned out, drunk washed out hit man who works for a mob boss.
2) Ed Harris is said mob boss. He and Neeson's character are friends.
3) Mob boss' son is an entitled jack-ass who hates his dad.
4) Hit man's son is a hardworking man doing his job, and hates his dad
5) Hit man's son witnesses mob boss' son doing something bad.
6) Mob Boss' son tries to kill hit man's son.
7) Hilarity ensues.
----This movie is loaded with ultraviolet scenes that would make Alex DeLarge cringe.
The movie starts off with shades of "Sunset Boulevard" with a "god" shot of a half-dead man saying "how did I get this way" and the rest of the movie continues to borrow from all sorts of other films of the action genre. Some scenes are better at capturing the action, but there's not one single new thought in this movie.
Believe it or not, I still enjoyed it. Through the predicable "I hate my father" scenes and moments of deja vu as you try to figure out where you have seen this before, there is still enough entertainment to keep me at least half-interested enough in the predetermined outcome.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)