Running 2 TV's on TV2

keithshoe

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 4, 2004
Jacksonville
I have Dish PVR with two tuners.

Presently have TV2 running to extra TV.

Would like to take signal form TV2 and mirror on present location and another bedroom.

What is needed to do this?

Same remote will work in either room. This will allow 2nd location access to DVR recordings also.

Do not need to pay Dish for another box when it is not used very much. I do not care if whatever is showing is on both locations. Will not watch both locations at same time. True Mirror with just a pass thru from TV2 to TV3.

Thanks..

I have Dish PVR with two tuners.

Presently have TV2 running to extra TV.

Would like to take signal form TV2 and mirror on present location and another bedroom.

What is needed to do this?
Same remote will work in either room. This will allow 2nd location access to DVR recordings also.
Do not need to pay Dish for another box when it is not used very much. I do not care if whatever is showing is on both locations. Will not watch both locations at same time. True Mirror with just a pass thru from TV2 to TV3.

I am running TV2 to all sets, about 6, on channel 57. Also am running TV1 to all locations on channel 60. Even put tv2 on the main set, a 50" plasma, on an a/v input. With a 722 your only limited by what cables you have running in the house. Lots of flexibility.

Thanks..
I am running TV2 to all sets, about 6, on channel 57. Also am running TV1 to all locations on channel 60. Even put tv2 on the main set, a 50" plasma, on an a/v input. With a 722 your only limited by what cables you have running in the house. Lots of flexibility.

although the more you split it the crappier the picture is going to be. For 2 tv's just get a regular 2 way splitter and run your line frrom the new tv to the extra out port

You may not need to use a splitter...

although the more you split it the crappier the picture is going to be. For 2 tv's just get a regular 2 way splitter and run your line frrom the new tv to the extra out port

...you can use the coax output (labeled Home Distribution) for one and the S-Video/RCA Audio output for the other tv if it is close enough to the Dish DVR (within 50 ft) with a cheap cable from Monoprice...search for Product ID # 2180.

I'm doing this now on my 722.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts