Running 721 of 1 LNB output

Zombie069

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 25, 2005
Montrose, CO 81401
Running 721 off 1 LNB output

I am getting a 721 and currently have a 510 and DP Twin LNB.
I'm looking for a way to run the empty output of the LNB to the 721 via a splitter of some sort to accomidate the dual tuner. Will the dp34 switch work? I will only use 1 input, but it will run 2 outputs off the same signal will it not? And still allow full functionality of the 721?

Thanks
Brad

if you run both outputs from the DPTwin to the DP34, then you can run one line from the DP34 to your 510 and two to the 721.

That's basically the only way to do it without more expensive equipment i.e. DPP44 switch and separators. Or a DPQuad.

If you were asking if you can get away with a single cable to the 721, the answer is NO - unless you've got a a DPP Separator and DPP44 switch (the 721 doesn't support the DPP-Twin LNB - last I heard anyway).

Can I run the DP34 on top of the receiver? as in 1 cable into the house and into dp34 behind TV then 2 cables to receiver?

I don't understand why I need to have all the outputs from the LNB into the switch when I only need 1 of them.

Thanks
Brad

No you cant, you have to hook up both lines from the lnbf to the sats 1 and 2 ports on the switch because your looking at two satellites for specific programming, you cant run a motorcycle down the road with one wheel and expect it to work like it has 2 wheels on the ground.

From the twin lnbf, one feed line to the switch will have 119 sat signal, the other feed will have the 110 signal, when the receiver runs the switch test it will see the switch and then see the lnbf at wich point the built in switch defaults each line to one specific signal feed to the 34 switch.

Gotcha, thanks for the explanation...

At this point then it's basically a cost factor for a 34 switch or a quad lnb..
I think I'll try finding the quad on ebay for the moment, and maybe go with a switch later when I get my rec'rs setup the way I need them..

Thanks

choices, choices...

It may not be the cheapest, but the DP34 is more future-proof than the other solutions.
Especially if you want to add receivers.
It'll allow expansion to a third LNB/satellite, and will feed four receivers.

The Quad will only feed the four receivers, and to add a 3rd satellite, will be a bigger hassle.

The DDP-Twin gets you the 3rd bird expandability, and is friendly to your 721, but is pretty much at a dead end for more than two receivers.
...because the matching switch cost an arm and a leg...

Disagreeing viewpoints are welcome.
:)

SimpleSimon said:
Well, actually, since my last post, DPP-Twin support has been added to the 721.

Get one and use the DPP-Separator.
Does this mean I can now connect both my 921 and my 721 to the Dish 1000 to pick up 110, 119 and 129 using 2 cables, 2 separators and no additional switches (i.e. 34 or 44)? BTW, I live in WA state.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts