Status
Please reply by conversation.

hank123

COLORADO CONNOISSEUR BUD HUNTER
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
May 8, 2016
N. Colorado
Are you able to run a directv moca network or any moca network down coax when running c band?

Would a swm splitter pass the power, on the power passing side?

Or anyone know how to make this work?

Thanks

C-band uses the same IF range (950-2150Mz) and control signals (22KHz, DiSEqC or variations) as other satellite service equipment. Also, DirecTV also uses a lower IF range 250-750 for Ka band.

I have only used the SWM power inserter to provide 18Vdc for HH motor power, so cannot comment on moca or other compatibility.

Reactions: hank123
"I think" directv uses frequency in the 500-850MHz for Moca. Not worried about KU as most of the good stuff seems to be on C band.

Not using a SWM power inserter, they are 21v and 29v, but a power passing splitter.

Thus I can pass the voltage from the STB to the LNBF and set a deca on the other end. DB loss would happen as you have 2 splitters in line.
If no one can give me a yes or no answer then I will have to try this soon. Like having a hard wire to my other gear.

Thanks

Word. Well if the Moca is running on the lower side of things then this should work. May have to find a different power passing splitter, should not be an issue.
Reading it seems you can get Moca to pass at several different ranges.

Reading it seems you can get Moca to pass at several different ranges.
MoCA yes, DECA (in its current form) no.

Only the E and F bands can be used with satellite. This pretty much excludes anything labeled as MoCA as they are used in the US only by DIRECTV and DISH respectively.

I've often used Trendnet TPA-311 units with satellite setups - these run in the 30Mhz range. Just use something like a Holland STVC diplex splitter / coupler to join and separate the network.

Reactions: hank123
I've often used Trendnet TPA-311 units with satellite setups - these run in the 30Mhz range. Just use something like a Holland STVC diplex splitter / coupler to join and separate the network.

Word up!
Do you run into any bad DB loss?
Thanks for the help.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)