Rush-HD to cover Spanish Soccer?

Walter L.

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Mar 29, 2004
Portland, Oregon
E* has added the description of the VOOM channels at their web site (see here). The interesting part is that the Rush-HD description says:

RUSH HD - Channel 9476
Life on the Edge. Not your typical sports channel – RUSH HD takes you to the heart of extreme action sports, and delivers HD footage of sporting events from around the world, including Spanish Premiere Soccer League coverage

La Liga on Rush HD?

If this is true, I'll just have to move to a new place that has 61.5 exposure. This is not easy to find in Seattle. Can somebody please post here when Rush HD shows the first La Liga game? This weekend is a good chance to prove it: Valencia - Barcelona!

claudiub said:
If this is true, I'll just have to move to a new place that has 61.5 exposure. This is not easy to find in Seattle. Can somebody please post here when Rush HD shows the first La Liga game? This weekend is a good chance to prove it: Valencia - Barcelona!
Welcome to the forum!

Although some La Liga games and other WorldSport programming may indeed show up on Rush starting next month, La Liga season will be over by then.

There must be some contractual reason why this insanity is taking place ... :)

Does anybody know what could hold the TV rights from transferring over from WorldSport HD over to Rush HD? Or why Rush HD was selected over WorldSport HD when in fact the expensive TV rights were owned by WorldSport? Could it be Voom/Dish couldn't agree on the amount of money to pay per subscriber to that channel and had to leave it out at the last minute? Maybe Voom's excellent La Liga coverage (the best HD sports live event coverage I've seen anywhere!) is being held hostage in these negotiations? *smirk*

Ilya said:
Welcome to the forum!

Although some La Liga games and other WorldSport programming may indeed show up on Rush starting next month, La Liga season will be over by then.

Rush-Worldsport merge. :) As I predicted weeks ago. :cool:

T2k said:
Rush-Worldsport merge. :) As I predicted weeks ago. :cool:
No talks about channel merge yet. Just some content sharing: a temporary arrangement until the other channel is picked up. It seems that Cablevision currently intends to keep all 21 VOOM HD channels without repackaging them. Of course anything can happen down the road...

WorldSport and Rush Fans coming to Dish Network: We are in the process of creating the most exciting and entertaining network for you! We are in the early stages of planning a better Rush channel which will include WorldSport programming beginning in June 2005(!); With the expectation of WorldSport re-launching in early 2006! Stay tuned!

BFG said:

WorldSport and Rush Fans coming to Dish Network: We are in the process of creating the most exciting and entertaining network for you! We are in the early stages of planning a better Rush channel which will include WorldSport programming beginning in June 2005(!); With the expectation of WorldSport re-launching in early 2006! Stay tuned!

BFG, thanks for this heads up. I suppose Ilya & Sean & every other soccer fan will want to know what's happening with La Liga. Will Rush do the spring season? Sounds like early 2006 is big. Say isn't that when MPEG 4 launches? ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)