Russia Today on IA5

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Man, that Russian news channel looks very good and it's fun to watch to see what is going on other side of the globe.

Much better than CCTV, which has two sided faces on 2 different news story's by meaning over the air "VHF and UHF channels." in mainland China tends to censor more, while the other hand they broadcast to the rest of the world outside mainland China likes it was a free and uncensored channel.:(

Nice to see Poland and Russian have good looking women out there, just think of a famous tennis star Russian gal, named Sharapovia!

CHECKED IT OUT THIS AM. NOT BAD, NOT BAD. It's always nice to have a little different angle on the news. Just like euronews or ccn9. Lets hope it stays awhile.

I got to check this out last night.....didnt know it was in English which is always good :)

Quite an interesting channel. It is nice to have a different perspective of the world

as others have noted...hopefully it stays for a LONG time :)

I just read the whole thread and not to continue the flame or anything, but in my personal opinion most North American news channels have a serious amount of propaganda and censorship. Not saying this is bad or anything. Of course there should be some amount of "filtering" and patriotic spin on the news.

Baya, maybe you are not used to that and that is why it upsets you. The problem though is not the presence of US propaganda, but the lack of other propaganda. And it looks like this problem is going to be solved soon with more and more new political channels being established.

Wait and see!
Next lie is coming from East Europe. Denials, denails, and more denails. What else is new?

Rusia Today station is nothing but US news and US sports. I just saw one documentary and few notes from Rusia. Mostly, US stuff too bad that the other Rusian stations are only in Rusian. I get more International news from the Cubans that the Rusians.

Last edited:
>Rusia Today station is nothing but US news and US sports

Sigh

Baya-

If they are going to distribute propaganda -which is what this is by their own admission- then of course they are going to run stories of interest to the people which they are trying to propagandize.

That's obvious.

When the US was beaming in TV into Iraq, do you think we sent news from Utah? No, we ran stories about which they cared. - In order for propaganda to be effective, people must first watch it.

Frankly, as someone who does not wear tin foil hats to keep out the mind control rays, I find it amusing that you rail on the US media for being propaganda run by George Bush, but your only problem with Russian TV is that it doesn't have enough propaganda.

Makes one wonder about your value system.

I'm glad to hear about this new channel.
I'm always happy at an opportunity to view the world from different viewpoints. It's up to the individual to separate the wheat from the chaff.

I have a personal motto that has worked very well for me thus far in my life and that is that friends and colleagues should not discuss religion or politics. :)

"I need a sign to let me know you’re here
Cause my tv set just keeps it all from being clear"

The band Train. The song "Calling all angles"

With this in mine and a good education one needs to get news from many sources and use there "baloney detector, Carl Sagan"

World news

Katrinasucks said:
>Frankly, as someone who does not wear tin foil hats to keep out the mind control rays, I find it amusing that you rail on the US media for being propaganda run by George Bush, but your only problem with Russian TV is that it doesn't have enough propaganda.

Makes one wonder about your value system.

Russia Today, Televistazo, Unsion, Univision, TYC, Globovision, Televisa, CRE, RCN, El universo, El MUndo, CCTV-9 Spanish, TVE, DW.

Hell!! I do not have time in the day to watch all the international news. I do not watch local news. I read NY times, LA Times, Washington Post. Everything else in my book is trash.,

Of course, I read all the crap that Texas (rep) Legislators wants to do to my field. By the way, I did like the National news about The US Supreme Court taking the Texas Chicano Lawyers suit on the Re-districting mess that the Texan (rep) legislators did. How sweet is knowing that the master mind was indicted and soon going to jail. I wonder, Would the Supreme Court order a re-election for our Texas Representatives that were elected thanks to this stinking mess?
That is the question that will be a headline around the world. Then again with so many right wing justices I really doubt it. I just want my lines back so we can take The House back ( US) as it should have been the case to start with.
I know it is painful, but life is a b*&^ and then we all die. Since I am agnostic, I will not burn in hell. I bet the rest will. :devil:

Last edited:
I have to agree with Tracy and Dogstar, my motto is "religion and politics are not polite conversation between friends". That said, this is getting a little off thread here.........

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts