Russian Channels on FTA

Status
Please reply by conversation.

maxpol

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 24, 2007
Hello, Does anyone know of any Russian channels on FTA. I live in Calgary, Alberta Canada and Would love to watch RTR Planeta or RTR Sport. Any Russian channels would do.

sports

What about sports channels in English?

Take a look at this list, and click on the language you want.
I know it'll still leave you wondering, but it's a start. :)

I think Globecast was mentioned above.
They have a number of subscription packages with Russian language.
(scroll down about half way on that page)
I know they say they only offer service in the USA, but if you decide to go that way, I'm sure we can come up with some suggestions.

i didnt find any sports....any sports on FTA?

all sorts of sports. If you are in to soccer, goltv is good. Not sure they ever have any stuff from Russia, but I bet if it's has to do with Russia vs. someone in Europe it's probably on there...

I don't watch Russia Today enough to know if they cover sports, but think they might?!?...

Also, there's tons of feeds that show up all over the place for various other sports.

If you have an old analog receiver hooked up, prepare for some college football on the weekends ;) It's that time of the year again...

For Gol TV you need a circular LNB and you need to point at EchoStar 8/10 at 110.0°W.

On C-Band there are a few sports channels, on KU-Band the only one I can think of is "Abu Dhabi Sports" on Galaxy 25 at 97.0°W.

I am on a KU-band with a 36" dish in Calgary. Any more sports for me?

And for echostar isnt that dish network encrypted?

It is for Dish Network, but Dish Network does not encrypt some channels, so the channels that Dish Network does not encrypt can be legally picked up with a FTA receiver.

Dish Network does not encrypt some channels, so the channels that Dish Network does not encrypt can be legally picked up with a FTA receiver.

Can you tell me which frequency it is on?

Name: GOLTV
Satellite: 110.0°W EchoStar 8.6 Ku
Frequency: 12343 MHZ
Polarity: V
Symbol Rate: 20000
VPID: 4130
APID: 4131 4132
PCR: 4130

I scanned this in on: Sun Aug 26 2007 9:08:53 PM PST, it should be up to date, but if it is not let me know and I will find the new information.

Status
Please reply by conversation.