RV signal ?

disup

Original poster
Sep 23, 2012
summerfield
My first post. A basic RV question - when attempting to get a signal on my Dish roof mounted Wineguard Roadtrip can I go to the point dish screen first, and see if I have a strong signal or do I have to go to point dish then run check switch. Running check switch takes a while so if I don't get a signal then I will move the RV to a better location right away.

or do I have to go to point dish
You are not very clear here. In the assumption that you mean run the dish controller to aim the dish, yes, you aim the dish before running the Switch Check.

My first post. A basic RV question - when attempting to get a signal on my Dish roof mounted Wineguard Roadtrip can I go to the point dish screen first, and see if I have a strong signal or do I have to go to point dish then run check switch. Running check switch takes a while so if I don't get a signal then I will move the RV to a better location right away.

I'd attach one of those satellite locators between the dish and receiver. Just one of the cheap ones ($10-$20) off EBay are fine. The DISH receivers are so slow to respond to signal received changes that they're very difficult to point. And sometimes they don't seem to respond at all until you do a switch test or receiver reset. It's handy to hear the tone from the locator and at least know you're pointed at SOME satellite to give the receiver time to lock on.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts